- 14 December 2010 13:58
Premium Wine Brands Pty Ltd Leverages SOA for Process Automation and Application Integration; increasing Return on Investment while Reducing Cost of Ownership
Adelaide, AUSTRALIA – December 14, 2010
• Premium Wine Brands has successfully deployed Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g – the industry-leading middleware suite, including Oracle SOA Suite 11g and Oracle WebLogic Server 11g to integrate disparate applications. The deployment will help the company optimize business processes, remove duplication and increase transparency to support real-time decision making.
• Premium Wine Brands operates distribution agreements across Australia, New Zealand, Spain and Argentina with annual global revenues of 7.5 billion Euros.
• Two key application integration projects have already been completed – a product Lifecycle Management Project integrating Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne with Bizcaps and a B2B Integration Project integrating with suppliers. In addition, a Warehouse Project integrating JD Edwards EnterpriseOne with Paperless Warehouse using Oracle SOA Suite and Oracle Application Integration Architecture will go live in the coming months.
• By using Oracle SOA Suite 11g on Oracle WebLogic Server 11g, Premium Wine Brands has been able to build an environment leveraging service reuse (via a Central Service Repository) to reduce complexity and total cost of ownership. Oracle Service Bus 11g is central to this aspect of the architecture.
• The easy-to-use aspect of the standards-based Oracle SOA Suite means the projects could be up and running very quickly. Within only three weeks of test and development, the first three complex processes went live. Furthermore because of service reuse, the overall total cost of ownership diminishes rapidly over time, while return on investment increases exponentially.
• Remote access is becoming increasingly important and Premium Wine Brands is in the process of implementing a Field Sales application by employing the Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Mobile for remote access by mobile workers. Furthermore, by using Oracle ADF Mobile as a development platform, smaller affiliates of Premium Wine Brands will be able to benefit from hosted mobility applications via an “Apps Store” type of environment.
• Premium Wine Brands and implementation partner Rubicon Red were recently recognized for their innovative use of Oracle Fusion Middleware at the Oracle Innovation Award ceremony held at Oracle Open World 2010 in San Francisco.
• Premium Wine Brands acquired Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, Oracle SOA 11g and Oracle WebLogic Server 11g in August, 2009. The deployment was completed in phases with the first phase in February, 2010 and later stages in June, 2010.
• “At Premium Wine Brands a service-based approach simplifies our application integration, whether it’s internal or external, customer or supplier, mobile or tablet. It is the reuse [of services] we take advantage of that will realize a quality in our information governance,” said Ryan Klose, CIO, Premium Wine Brands Pty Ltd.
• “From Oracle’s point of view, the CIO of Premium Wine Brands is following a best practice in how Oracle Fusion Middleware is used to improve agility, reduce risk and total cost of ownership of the company’s application footprint,” says Gregory Taylor, General Manager Fusion Middleware Sales, Oracle ANZ. “Premium Wine Brands is employing Oracle Fusion Middleware to maximize the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ownership experience.”
• Premium Wine Brands Pty Ltd
• Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g
• Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne for Food and Beverage Producers (Agriculture)
• Oracle Fusion Middleware Best Practice Center for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
• Oracle SOA Suite 11g
• What is a reusable service?
• PODCAST: Oracle #1 in Application Servers – Just the Facts.
• The Oracle ADF Mobile Weblog
• Oracle Application Grid products and Technologies
About Premium Wine Brands Pernod Ricard
Premium Wine Brands Pty Ltd – is the strategic wine arm of co-leading global wine and spirits company Pernod Ricard. Created by the merger of Pernod and Ricard (1975), the Group has undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin&Sprit (2008).
Premium Wine Brands owns one of the most prestigious wine brand portfolios in the sector: including Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Graffigna wines.
About Oracle Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit www.oracle.com.
Trademark Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact info: Penny Wolf Oracle Australia and New Zealand t: 02 9491 2152 e: firstname.lastname@example.org