Business Analyst OR Data Modeller
- ETL Background is a must
- 6 month contract
- CBD Location
A Large Government sector is looking for a Business Analyst / Data Modeller
Great opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst/Data Modeller, a top-tier government organization is seeking an experienced data analyst to provide technical expertise in data profiling, analysis, cleansing, migration activities and the establishment of a data dictionary and data mapping for future integration requirements.
- The role will suit a candidate with strong data analysis experience and in-depth knowledge of the SQL*Server product set, specifically T-SQL, Integration Services (SSIS) and Reporting Services (SSRS). Previous experience in master data management (MDM) and data quality profiling and associated tools will be highly regarded.
- The role will focus on performing data profiling, analysis, cleansing and migration of multiple systems to a new platform. Secondary requirements will revolve around establishing a comprehensive data dictionary to enable a master data management approach to be adopted. The role will require the analysis of existing data quality, mapping of source to target data sets, identification of patterns and trends in the data, making recommendations to improve data quality, development of a scripted migration process and support the project in meeting business related integration requirements.
The following skills and attributes would be required:
- Background in ETL frameworks
- Familiarity with data modelling and architecture principles.
- MS SQL*Server 2005/2008 including -
- T-SQL Script development
- SQL*Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL*Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Pre-requisites (Selection Criteria):
- Demonstrated capability to lead, document and complete detailed data analysis, including identifying the data mapping needs, opportunities for optimisation relating to quality of data.
- Demonstrated capability to analyse current data model and data quality, map key business data to the target solution and propose options that correlate with strategic objectives, operational requirements and priorities.
- Demonstrated capability to analyse current data model, map key business data requirements and define, develop and build flexible reports that correlate with strategic objectives, operational requirements and priorities.
- Demonstrated experience to document the following:
- Data model design and mapping, data quality assessment and outline opportunities for optimisation
- Requirements analysis and data migration and integration documentation
- Data model and dictionary documentation
- Rigorous planning for build and transition of data migration to target systems
- Interface requirements
- Demonstrated an ability to understand, interpret and map stakeholder needs to IM&CT data management solutions and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of and proven experience in consulting with subject matter experts and stakeholders in data analyst capacity in the context of data migration, data quality improvement and corporate reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of data migration processes and methodologies, and using business terminology which is tailored and specific to reach the intended audience.
- Experience in working in a data analysis capacity on migration and/or reporting projects that deliver technology and information management solutions.
- Experience in end to end delivery of data management projects following software development lifecycle, from concept initiation and requirements gathering through to Post Implementation Review (PIR).
- Demonstrated high-level analytical skills with proven ability to document complex business data mapping requirements in simple and logical terms.
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, together with liaison and negotiation skills.
Please press "APPLY" button or alternatively send in your cv to email@example.com
Please note only shortlisted candidates will receive the call.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Supritha Devadiga on +61294645710. Please quote our job reference number: 200174893.
Reference Number: 200174893_2
How to Apply?
Click on the link below