Lead Technical Specialist ? Storage & Backups
- Great CBD Location
- Storage & Backups experience
- Start ASAP
Seeking for a Top Gun - Lead Technical Specialist ? Storage & Backups for 3 months contract role with possibility of extension.
Seeking for a Top Gun - Lead Technical Specialist - Storage & Backups for 3 months contract role with possibility of extension.
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Our client is a leading Australian Government organisation, extremely well branded with a very corporate environment. Great Melbourne CBD location, close to all transport and shops.
A dynamic and flexible environment will provide for the right candidate experience with an Enterprise Giant!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The team is looking for a Lead Technical Specialist to provide technical advice and expertise to support the development, implementation, support and administration of technology solutions across the middleware space with superior skills across IBM, EMC & Netapp storage platforms as well as Netbackup & VMware backup technologies.
Core responsibilities include:
- Leading the individual Tower technical leaders in strategy and process to ensure that we are using the expected patterns and processes to maintain standards and optimal performance
- Being accountable to have a fundamental understanding of the cross platform technologies and how they interact
- Bridging the gap between Architecture, Engineers, and SME's to ensure that the designs we are putting forward are supportable and can function as designed.
- Be a strong advocate for software currency
- Work closely with Capacity Mgmt team to ensure we are managing the environment appropriately across the various platforms
- Acting as the gate to vet change and associated risk to suggested changes
- Recommend, improve and drive implementation & adherence to agreed methodologies, standards and guidelines
Skills and Experience:
- Broad exposure to a variety of other technologies (e.g. Unix, Wintel, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, Network, VMware) with a firm understanding of the interdependencies between those technologies and the role area of expertise
- Knowledge of the banking/finance industry
- Team Lead, SME or Technical Lead in fast-paced, dynamic IT environments with competing and rapidly changing priorities
- Sound knowledge of relevant current and emerging technologies
- Preparation & presentation of material to all levels of management and delivery.
- Proven ability to articulate application of product technology best practice recommendations
- Proven experience in leading complex defect troubleshooting and resolution
Technical Skills required:
- 12+ years practical experience with SAN, NAS and Netbackup in complex environments: installing, configuring & administering enterprise-level solutions, migration, performance tuning, disaster recovery & troubleshooting
- IBM SAN storage (SVC, DS8k, Flash System 840)
- SAN Fabric - Cisco MDS9000
- EMC SAN & NAS Storage (V-Max, DMX3/4, Clarion, Centera, DMX)
- Netapp NAS Storage (FAS60xx 31xx 20xx)
- IBM ProtecTIER
- Netbackup 6.5 and above
- Symantec Puredisk
- VMware backups
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Rutika Kawale on 03 86804220. Please quote our job reference number: 200169082.
Reference Number: 200169082_2
How to Apply?
Click on the link below