IT Security Officer
- Canberra Location
- Non-ongoing Contract
- Australian Citizenship Mandatory
Currently seeking multiple IT Security Officers from an APS4-6 Level for a Non-Ongoing position until 1 July 2018
About the Area
IT Security enables the client to operate ICT systems in an effective and secure manner. We assist in identifying and managing information and communications technology security risks and ensuring appropriate controls are in place to mitigate against cyber security incidents which could affect the business. IT Security is responsible for auditing and increasing the compliance with ICT security policies.
Responsibilities / Skills / Knowledge
- Technical competence and experience in IT Systems in areas including, but not limited to, application development, networking, server administration, database administration, and desktop environments.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, take initiative, self-learn, and adapt to a variety of roles.
- The ability to work in a team and at times lead staff and/or manage projects to achieve the delivery of secure IT systems that meet client business needs.
- Willingness and ability to learn and advise on security issues relating to new technologies;
- Ability to think strategically;
- Analytical thinking;
- Ability to present, discuss and negotiate with TSD staff and SMA clients at all levels;
- Ability to manage stakeholders across TSD and multiple business areas;
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- An appropriate security clearance or willingness to undergo the security vetting process to attain an appropriate clearance.
Positions in IT Security typically involve tasks such as:
- Assessment of risks in new systems and applications
- Administration of IT access systems for user account and access management
- Providing advice and guidance on ICT security to staff
- Responding to security Incidents
- Identification and mitigation of system vulnerabilities
- Producing and publishing security education and awareness
- Supporting IT Security executive level staff to run and operate the section
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Tori Bull on (02) 6151 9214. Please quote our job reference number: 200174080.
Reference Number: 200174080_2
How to Apply?
Click on the link below