Senior SAP Business Analyst (Business Intelligence & Data Management)
- Define and implement SAP reporting and data services management requirements
- Contract Position
- Burwood Location
Leading organisation are looking for an experienced SAP Business Analyst with extensive knowledge of SAP BW, Business Objects, ABAP, ECC and Lumira
This role is primarily responsible for working with the various business groups to identify, define and implement SAP reporting and data services management requirements to meet the current and emerging needs of the organisation.
The key responsibilities of this role:
Business Requirements Analysis
- Gather, analyse and document business requirements, identify source systems, and define business and transformation rules.
- Provide advice and assistance to business groups on how data and reports packages may meet their current and emerging needs.
- Conduct workshops with stakeholders to present business requirements, data and report prototypes for a variety of business stakeholders, including executive sponsors, end-users and technical developers.
- Translate business reporting requirements into detailed Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS) detailing report and/or application solutions using the enterprise reporting technology.
- Develop and maintain the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) for each project or solution.
- Develop and maintain functional specification document templates.
- Liaise with technical specialists, developers, SMEs as well as with a broad base of functional users and managers to ensure the requirements are clearly understood.
- Developing data services and reporting solutions packages utilising available technology tools in compliance with ICT architecture standards, principles and policies.
- Assessing reporting requirements to determine optimum solutions for report sets, data sources and technical delivery.
- Identifying the multiple data sources across applications and databases from which data retrieval will occur.
- Delivering solutions developed both internally and through external service providers.
- Delivering up-to-date technical documentation associated with the developed solution.
- Testing the effectiveness of the solution against business data management and reporting services requirements.
- Ensuring the solution design adheres to ICT Strategy & Architecture enterprise architecture methodologies, strategies, standards and advice.
- Oversight and verification of test cases and test results to ensure that it meets business requirements.
- Participate in all phases of the systems development lifecycle, taking the lead for the resolution of functional and business-related issues.
- Communicate with business stakeholders to respond to business questions, provide project updates, data and report validations and document signoffs.
- Provide training to educate business end-users on the technology toolset and on solutions.
- Ensure traceability of test cases and test results against the requirements traceability matrix.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Extensive experience in SAP EAM Modules (especially Plant Maintenance, PPM/PS, Inventory / Warehouse management)
- Sound proficiency in SAP BW, Business Objects, ABAP, ECC, Lumira (IBM Cognos would be added advantage).
- Experience in usual Business analyst skills and deliverables like business requirement, functional specification, UAT Test coordination.
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels, in different shapes depending on the context
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical requirements and high level design into specific implementation steps
- Analytical skills demonstrated by ability to write use cases, research and to apply problem-solving skills to complex technical problems.
- Ability to manage business pressures and stakeholder expectations while maintaining a high degree of motivation and professionalism whilst managing multiple work streams
- Proven written and oral communication skills and demonstrated effective customer liaison including workshop facilitation, presentation, coordination, influencing, negotiation and dispute resolution skills.
- Experience in working in large, complex and multi-vendor and business program.
- Good understanding of Agile delivery methodologies.
If you are interested in this position and believe you meet the above criteria please apply now or email Olivia Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Olivia Lewis on 02 9464 5511. Please quote our job reference number: 200173327.
Reference Number: 200173327_1
How to Apply?
Click on the link below