Business Project Manager
- System Integration And Implementation Program
- Looking For A Business Focused Project Manager
- Major Transformation and Release Project
Currently looking for a Senior Business Project Manager for a wide program of work, System Integration, Implementation, Deployment, Business Focused
We are currently looking to engage a Business Project Manager who can support an enterprise wide program of work for a large and complex Government organisation.
Working as part of a well-established and high performing team, you will be responsible for overseeing the deployment of the software solution, change, training, testing and technical solution into the Business.
As the Business Project Manager reporting into the Lead Business Project Manager, you will ensure business requirements and needs, and translating customer requirements into Program activities. To deliver the overall solution to the customer the role will oversee cross-stream activities to ensure successful implementation.
The environment would best suit an experienced professional with both commercial and government expertise, with mostly having strong business focused project with a great understanding of IT projects.
- Manage the planning and delivery of complex strategic projects, this must include delivery of software development
- Strong release management experience in complex technical environments across multiple test landscapes and phases (i.e. Solution Testing, Integration Testing, Performance testing, User Acceptance Testing and Regression Testing) and into production.
- Manage entire project teams to ensure that the project outcomes are achieved
- Develop and implement project management plans to ensure the success of the project
- Regularly communicate with key senior stakeholders to ensure the identification and tracking of project objectives
- Prepare and present project status reports and communicate project updates to inform decision making at the senior level
- Balance competing demands to ensure projects objectives are achieved
- Manage effective teams and relationships with diverse stakeholders including business and ITD
- Lead and facilitate productive discussions with all stakeholders
- Monitor the completion of project milestones against goals and initiate amendments where necessary
- Extensive experience and a record of achievement working as a Business Release Manager, Implementation Manager or a Project Manager with implementation background including relevant qualifications or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience on project implementations with hands-on experience, delivering quality outcomes.
- Proven capacity to contribute to and implement change initiatives, including the capability to plan, manage change, improve performance and project manage.
- Advanced documentation skills, ability to clearly document processes, requirements, problem statements and formal PMO documents
- Be able to develop effective end user communications
- Dynamic and positive approach and eager to listen and learn, and get stuck into anything
- Ability to change direction and approach when business priorities change or move
- Previous experience working within private sector as well as government
- Self-motivated individual that actively takes the initiative with an ability to work autonomously
- Persistent, effective problem solver with a mix of analytical and creative thinking
- Experience creating high quality project and program artefacts, within emerging or existing frameworks
- Experience in managing the delivery/build of software and understanding it's cycles (some Agile experience) is highly valuable
- Dealt with Vendors, including management of outcomes so as to ensure code defects are managed, good quality software is achieved/delivered to the business
- Experience across software testing (not performing testing) and understanding defect management with testing units and vendor
- Understanding of user acceptance testing (UAT), it's outcomes and importance
If you are interested in the role, please apply or send updated resume to Ra'id at firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Ra'id Ahmad on 02 9464 5554. Please quote our job reference number: 200172901.
Reference Number: 200172901_1
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.