Senior Business Analyst
- CBD Location
- Top tier government sector
- Contract position
Excellent Opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst with electronic document and records management experience to join a Large Government sector.
A large Government sector is looking for a Senior Business Analyst with electronic document and records management specifically with Objective experience.
- Business Analysis - Across a portfolio of complex initiatives, take responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisational change. Apply and monitor the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
- Design and Development of Systems and Processes - Identify, develop and implement business improvement opportunities on proposed and completed projects across a portfolio of complex initiatives. Also identify and develop opportunities for improving investment planning and delivery processes, developing proposals to senior management to address high priority issues
- Maturity of Business Analysis Capability - Bring to bear extensive experience in the application of industry standard frameworks and methodologies to drive increased maturity in ICTs internal processes in the areas of Business Analysis and Business Process Management.
- Stakeholder/Relationship Management - Assist the Business Analysis Practice Manager, Principal Manager Business Solutions, Project Managers and Solution Architects to build positive working relationships with stakeholders. Be able to work directly with senior management in understanding their strategic objectives.
- Teamwork / Leadership - Work cooperatively within a team, exchange information and assist other team members to achieve team objectives and work outcomes. Manage other business analysts on large and complex pieces of work.
- Business Case Development - Prepare business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks. Identify stakeholders and their business needs.
- Technical Specifications - Ensure technical specifications are developed that communicate user requirements in technical terms for submission to systems development project teams.
- Monitoring and Reporting - Lead the development, implementation and improvement of efficient and comprehensive monitoring and reporting systems required to support the management of projects.
- Benefits Realisation - As required undertake or support post implementation benefits realisation reviews of projects.
- Change Leadership - Contribute to change across the portfolio to support both the vision for IT and the development of customer focused strategies, programs and initiatives.
- Operational Management - Contribute to the development and management of branch business plans, budgets and risk management plans.
- Safety - Comply with the System Requirement, Safety Responsibilities, Authorities and Accountabilities within the Safety Management System.
- Ethics and probity - Comply with the Public Sector Values of Integrity, Trust, Service and Accountability, and the organisation's Code of Conduct, and manage business processes to ensure the proactive identification of risk and the review and improvement of systems designed to minimise or eliminate fraud and corruption.
- Extensive experience in electronic document and records management, ideally with Objective.
- Extensive and demonstrated experience conducting analysis of business needs across a complex portfolio of initiatives in a federated or multi-sourced environment.
- Strong knowledge of; and extensive experience in the application of; contemporary business analysis best-practice methodologies and processes such as BABOK and UML. This includes leading and mentoring other business analysts in the application of these methodologies and processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills including, a strong ability to communicate and influence effectively across the most senior levels of the organisation.
- Proven experience interpreting and translating analysis results into insightful, clear and succinct technical specifications and requirement documentation with tangible examples of where insights from best-practice analysis methodologies have resulted in value adding business outcomes.
- Superior analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills and excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including report writing and presentation skills with emphasis on developing quality technical specifications.
- Proven experience working independently and/or with multidisciplinary teams including the management and mentoring of other business analysts.
- Ability to operate within the values of impartiality; integrity; trust; service; accountability and safety. To carry out responsibilities with professionalism, fairness and commitment and to do so in order to place the customer at the centre of all that is produced and delivered.
- Relevant Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience with at least 5 years experience in business analysis. CBAP or equivalent certification preferred.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Aishwarya Raghotham on 02 9464 5514. Please quote our job reference number: 200171066.
Reference Number: 200171066_2
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
- Business transforms when it comes together | Unite your IT , Ops, and Applications teams with shared solutions. Get Ready - Red Hat Cloud
- Upskill your Team. Transition your Career. Cyber Security Foundation & Practitioner™ instructor-led course, for anyone needing a solid understanding of Cyber Security.