Security Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - Sydney
- Global IT and Managed Security Services company
- Great benefits and Cyber security environment.
- Working with security vendors such as Checkpoint, CISCO and Palo Alto
Security IPS Engineer with experience a range of IPS vendor products such as (Checkpoint / CISCO) to join global IT Services company in Nth Ryde
This Global IT & Managed Security services provider in the North Ryde area, requires an experienced Security Engineer (IPS / Firewall) to work in a Global Enterprise environment.
MUST Be an Australian Citizen for Government Security Clearance purposes.
The successful candidate will be part of the Network Security Services Team within the Cybersecurity Division.
They will work with the Network Security Services team to provide security technology services to some of Australia's leading businesses in the Finance, Resources and Government sectors.
They are looking for a candidate who is passionate about network/security, great at communicating and servicing clients and is interested in working for a Global IT Services company in one of the most advanced and largest Security businesses around. The candidate can be expected to take on a varied role across different security technologies and services.
Experience with the following technologies would be a significant advantage:
- Checkpoint NGFW
- CISCO ASA/FWSM
- Palo Alto NGFW
- Configuring, maintaining and reporting on intrusion prevention systems, and other network security devices.
- Investigating potential security violations, threats and breaches; participate in incident response, and prepare reports on violations as necessary.
- Conducting security assessments to ensure adherence to customer specific security policy, procedures and industry standards.
- Assisting with the review and definition of security requirements and review systems to determine if they are designed to comply with established standards.
Essential Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 or more years computer science, security engineering, or data security experience
- Demonstrated technical Security IPS experience (preferably Checkpoint or CISCO but any IPS will be considered)
- Experience working with information and network security practices
- Experience with networking and TCP/IP
- Skilled in implementing and configuring networks and network components
- Experience working with computer programming and scripting
- Experience and certifications for relevant security technologies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for resolving technical and security issues
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Ability to work in a team environment
APPLY NOW for this exciting career development opportunity
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact George Davies on 02 94645955. Please quote our job reference number: 200167089.
Reference Number: 200167089_11
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda