Demand Release Manager
The role of the AMS Demand Release Manager is to lead the integration of the demand and release management processes for the Application Managed Services (AMS) across ICT teams and with the business stakeholders. This role will drive the release schedule processes, resource requirements, demand and integration of project timelines to provide the service provider teams, functional teams and ICT management with forward forecasts. The role will provide leadership and direction for integration of new work requests, endorse estimates, and influence ICT processes across all teams
- Responsible for the creation and management of the AMS release management processes and release plan, including prioritising work requests according to business requirements based on complexity, urgency, risk, validity, potential costs and impact
- Chair the AMS release meetings with business process owners, ICT managers for relevant teams, and service provider service delivery manager. The release meeting will be used to review the 90 day forward planned schedules, agree allocation and scheduled release packages for all proposed changes integrating scheduled outages and project implementations.
- Manage the relationship with ICT application owners (eg MBS, OMS, GIS) outside the scope of the AMS contract to incorporate their resource, project and release cycles timing with the AMS releases
- Assess with the service provider service delivery manager and IT managers any risks to milestones within the release package and manage the mitigation, priorities and communications to meet the business needs.
- Responsible for ensuring all changes required for the AMS release are presented and approved in accordance with the change management procedures at Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings, working collaboratively with service provider Service Delivery Manager (SDM)
- Ensure issues and risks are documented, communicated, actioned and escalated appropriately through work management processes to enable managers and key stakeholders to make required decisions in a timely manner. This includes ensuring resource constraints are identified, monitored and raised with the appropriate ICT stakeholders to ensure resolution
- Degree in computer science, IT or business or other relevant discipline.
- Extensive practical experience in managing operational support teams in an SAP environment where there was business critical integration with other non-SAP applications.
- Demonstrated experience managing resource demands across ICT maintenance and support operations, enhancements and projects where resources are shared across the functions including applications upgrades, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), testing changes and data/application migration.
- Experience in leading a successful and responsive team focussed on the end customer with a strong ability to influence and develop relationships with clients.
- Extensive experience in ICT release management, successfully delivering releases to quality, time and budget targets.
- Demonstrated experience successfully developing and implementing new processes and managing improvements to these processes.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to analyse complex concepts, problems and issues and develop and apply creative and practical risk mitigation solutions.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and business acumen including experience in drafting high level advice, reports, submissions and briefing documents
- Experience managing an operational team in a blended delivery model where there are multiple service providers and internal support teams interacting daily.
- Experience managing projects resource demand and timelines with a systems integrator
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Eugene Pradhan
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda