Senior Systems Engineer
- 3 months contact
- Melbourne CBD
- Australian Citizenship mandatory. NV1 security clearance ideal
Exciting opportunity to work on a large government project. Australian Government security clearance required.
3 months contract
Multiple opportunities available
*** Australian Citizenship mandatory ***
*** Current Australian Government NV1 security clearance (highly desirable) ***
***Australian Citizens with an Australian Government Baseline security clearance are encouraged to apply***
- Contribute to the systems engineering effort to deliver against agreed requirements whilst meeting schedule, quality and cost objectives for the Defence (JP2047) program
- Translate customer (internal, external or regulatory) needs and requirements, using technical principles into realisable products, services, or systems and/or networks infrastructure in a timely, quality and cost effective way to ensure operational capability to deliver customer service
- Maintain traceability between business requirements, system design and test cases prepared by suppliers and in-house providers
- Trade-off design options and synthesise a system design whilst ensuring that all necessary system components and interfaces have been identified
- Ensure systems integration by managing the functional interfaces and detailed interface designs between system components
- Take accountability for accepting solution deliverables from suppliers and in house providers e.g., by leading technical requirement and design reviews
- Improve the system engineering processes for the management of (change in) requirements, designs, interfaces and testing
- Communicate with multiple business and technical subject matter experts to drive technical outcomes to meet the specified business requirements
- Provide quality advice based on technical knowledge;
- Make technology investment and business asset recommendations and assessments based on extensive knowledge of new and emerging technologies
- To work closely with the General Manager Test and Integration to ensure the acceptance of the End to End system is successfully completed and ensure the tested system can move to the production environment in a controlled manner
You will have:
- Proven experience in designing, defining and delivering complex Networking projects for Large Enterprise and Service Providers.
- Experience in systems engineering and analysis (e.g., per the Systems Engineering Handbook by the International Council on Systems Engineering).
- Test and Integration experience in a communications environment
- Vendor Certified Qualifications, e.g. Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE) and Juniper (JunOS); and
- Experience with
- Data, IP and Transport Networks;
- IP Protocol and Standards (MPLS, IPv6, VoIP, Optical Ethernet)
- Network Management and OSS (Operational Support Systems)
- Engineering tools (DOORS, DMS)
- University degree in Engineering with 8+ years practical experience.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Jo-Ann Lim on 03 86804321. Please quote our job reference number: 200167387.
Reference Number: 200167387_2
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now