Applications Support/ DevOps Engineer
- Initial 12 month contract
- Finance/insurance industry will be highly regarded
- Brisbane CBD location
Outstanding contract for an Applications Support/DevOps Engineer with a passion for customer service and providing ongoing application support.
Our Brisbane CBD based client is a well-established organisation and they have an excellent reputation in the industry. They are proud of their culture and people who they inspire through innovation.
This outstanding organisation is currently seeking a driven and passionate Applications Support / DevOps Engineer to join them on a long term contract.
This is an opportunity for a candidate with a passion for customer service and for delivering quality applications and ongoing support. As the successful candidate you will bring with you a drive to learn and develop and well established communication skills in both written and verbal forms. Those with a background in the finance/insurance industry will be highly regarded - though this is not essential.
About the Role
You will maintain highly secure payment applications. Your day to day responsibilities will be varied and will see you manage the complete lifecycle for complex application components and build and maintain pre-production and UAT environments.
Skills and Experience
Do you have experience with the following?
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance and ongoing support of hosted software and hardware configurations using web technologies in production environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of experience with Linux Systems Administration - Storage, Monitoring, Clustering, Scripting (bash/Python, Perl, Ruby) and Automation.
- Intermediate level of TCP/IP network troubleshooting knowledge - Routing, Switching, Firewalls, SSL
- Demonstrated Experience in Application Deployment and Hosting - Preferably Apache, Java, Tomcat, PostgreSQL & Cassandra.
- Experience in web technologies and hosting high availability software platforms (payments experience is highly regarded)
- Understanding of system and application monitoring solutions
- Fault detection, resolution and troubleshooting large scale, high availability, high impact systems
- Experience with Configuration Management and related tools, specifically puppet/chef & salt
- Solid experience with Linux (Ideally Red Hat with RHCE)
- Testing at unit, itest and system test levels
- Routine SQL (PostgreSQL or Oracle)
- Routine Linux
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Anita Cunningham on 07 33395626. Please quote our job reference number: 200167119.
Reference Number: 200167119_2
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more