Toshiba developed the world's first industry standard Notebook computer (a laptop) in 1985. Toshiba is one of the leading brands in the world, with over 75 million laptops sold to date. Toshiba also builds power generation systems, advanced medical scanners, satellites, robots and more.
Toshiba Australia was founded in 1975 as a joint venture with EMI and became Toshiba Australia in 1978. Toshiba Australia is comprised of the following business divisions: Information Systems Division, Electronic Imaging Division, Medical Division, Research and Development and Corporate Services.
Toshiba pioneered many technologies that are now industry standards (including smaller hard disk drives, crisper screens and longer-lasting and more efficient batteries). Inside the latest Toshiba laptops users will find some new unique useful technologies including hard drive protection, PC health monitor, eco utility button, USB sleep and charge and other great technologies including built-in HDTV tuner, facial recognition, fingerprint scanners, advanced screens, great sound systems and useful software.
Toshiba produces an extensive range of products such as notebooks, LCD TV:s, blu-ray and DVD players, Camcorders, storage and accessories. They also build power generation systems, advanced medical scanners, satellites, robots, countless electronic components - screens, silicon chips, memory, and more.
How to buy
Notebooks, Projectors, Portable Audio, LCD TVs, DVD Players, Accessories and Services
Call: 13 30 70
Digital Copiers, Document Solutions, and Facsimiles
Call: +61 2 9900 1200
X-Ray, Vascular X-Ray, MRI, CT, Nuclear Medicine and Ultrasound
Call: +61 2 9887 8090
Industrial products, power systems, plant maintenance and support services
Call: +61 2 9768 6600
POS Systems, ECR, Barcode EFID and Scales
Call: +61 2 8845 6200
Toshiba (Australia) Pty Limited
Building C, 12-24 Talavera Road
North Ryde NSW 2113
Telephone: +61 2 9887 6000
Facsimile: +61 2 9887 3102
National Distribution Centre and MobileCare Centre
350 Parramatta Road, Homebush NSW
Latest Stories about
- The future of smart glasses comes into focus
- What is quantum encryption? It’s no silver bullet, but could improve security
- Apple takes the slow road to wireless charging
- Scientists give biometric security systems the (fake) finger
- Toshiba Portege X30 review: The clamshell strikes back
- Western Digital dispute with Toshiba heads for arbitration
- 3D NAND to make up half of all flash memory production
- Toshiba’s memory biz sale attracts many, including Apple
- Apple said to be targeting a stake in Toshiba's memory chip business
- Foxconn said to offer $27B for Toshiba's memory chip business
- CW@50: Data storage comes into its own
- Japan looks beyond Industry 4.0 towards Society 5.0
- Toshiba reveals new 3D flash chip that can store 1TB
- Toshiba's in chaos, but not quitting PCs -- yet
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'