Samsung started as a small export business in Korea but has now been around for over 70 years. Samsung is one of the world’s leading electronics companies, specialising in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. However, Samsung is comprised of companies that are setting new standards in a wide range of businesses, from electronics to financial services, from chemicals and heavy industries to trade and services.
Samsung specialises in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. They have won the No.1 global market share for 13 of their products, including semiconductors, TFT-LCDs, monitors and CDMA mobile phones. Samsung is also focusing on research and development of their overall semiconductor line, including flash memory and non-memory, custom semiconductors, DRAM and SRAM, as well as producing LCDs, mobile phones, digital appliances, and more.
Samsung creates a wide range of mobile phones, with next- generation mobile phone technologies such as Mobile WiMAX and High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA).Their business also comprises personal computers and MP3 players, creating synergies across platforms.
The TV business is also a key driver. LED TV:s is a flagship product within the TV business. LCD TV and Monitors have also maintained top positions in their respective categories. Samsung also invests in innovation and development in new technology such as 3D.
In addition to telecommunication systems Samsung also has printers & cameras and home appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, washers, ovens, vacuum cleaners and other appliances. Samsung's Component Business leads the world's memory and LCD markets in product and technology development. Their component business is divided into semiconductors and LCD.
How to buy
Samsung Australia: (02) 97646440
Samsung Electronics Australia
7 Parkview Dr, Homebush Bay, NSW, 2127
Phone number: (02) 97646440
Customer contact center:
Call 1300 362 603
Customer Service and Technical Support Operation hours:
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 6pm (EST) Saturday 9am - 1pm (EST)
Latest Stories about
- Investment in Alpha chip reassures users
- Compaq, Samsung pump $500 million into Alpha
- Legend more than just a distant memory
- Telstra works to fault proof Olympic networks
- Cisco, EDS and others in wireless 'Net push
- Cisco, 10 others in wireless 'net push
- C&W Optus downplays CDMA
- Alstom IT
- Cover Story: Technology providers limber up for Sydney 2000 Olympics
- Technology providers limber up for Sydney 2000 Olympics
- AAPT reports revenue jumps 50pc
- Unix, Intel: A marriage made in Santa Cruz
- Ubiquitous wireless connection from space
- Hutchison, Samsung mobile deal taps user dissent
- ICO invests $US4.8b in mobile satellite network