Samsung started as a small export business in Korea but has now been around for over 70 years. Samsung is one of the world’s leading electronics companies, specialising in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. However, Samsung is comprised of companies that are setting new standards in a wide range of businesses, from electronics to financial services, from chemicals and heavy industries to trade and services.
Samsung specialises in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. They have won the No.1 global market share for 13 of their products, including semiconductors, TFT-LCDs, monitors and CDMA mobile phones. Samsung is also focusing on research and development of their overall semiconductor line, including flash memory and non-memory, custom semiconductors, DRAM and SRAM, as well as producing LCDs, mobile phones, digital appliances, and more.
Samsung creates a wide range of mobile phones, with next- generation mobile phone technologies such as Mobile WiMAX and High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA).Their business also comprises personal computers and MP3 players, creating synergies across platforms.
The TV business is also a key driver. LED TV:s is a flagship product within the TV business. LCD TV and Monitors have also maintained top positions in their respective categories. Samsung also invests in innovation and development in new technology such as 3D.
In addition to telecommunication systems Samsung also has printers & cameras and home appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, washers, ovens, vacuum cleaners and other appliances. Samsung's Component Business leads the world's memory and LCD markets in product and technology development. Their component business is divided into semiconductors and LCD.
How to buy
Samsung Australia: (02) 97646440
Samsung Electronics Australia
7 Parkview Dr, Homebush Bay, NSW, 2127
Phone number: (02) 97646440
Customer contact center:
Call 1300 362 603
Customer Service and Technical Support Operation hours:
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 6pm (EST) Saturday 9am - 1pm (EST)
Latest Stories about
- GlobalFoundries puts 7 nanometre chip research on hold
- Don’t worry, world-leading AI expert doesn’t know what AI is either
- Apple breaches US$1 trillion stock market valuation
- Samsung and Uniting launch VR pilot for residents with dementia
- Why your smartphone needs 5 cameras
- Telstra turns on LTE broadcast technology
- Chipmaker Broadcom inks US$19 billion deal to buy CA
- Enterprises, emotion and the rise of the ‘empathy economy’
- Here’s the latest on when Apple will ship its wireless charger
- 2018 to be a landmark year for VR, AR
- Progressive web apps: The future of the web
- Here comes BYOSD (bring your own smart display)
- Apple wins praise for adding 'USB Restricted Mode' to secure iPhones
- Dementia Australia rolling out virtual reality workshops nationwide
- Facebook quizzed over Chinese smartphone makers' data access