Samsung started as a small export business in Korea but has now been around for over 70 years. Samsung is one of the world’s leading electronics companies, specialising in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. However, Samsung is comprised of companies that are setting new standards in a wide range of businesses, from electronics to financial services, from chemicals and heavy industries to trade and services.
Samsung specialises in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. They have won the No.1 global market share for 13 of their products, including semiconductors, TFT-LCDs, monitors and CDMA mobile phones. Samsung is also focusing on research and development of their overall semiconductor line, including flash memory and non-memory, custom semiconductors, DRAM and SRAM, as well as producing LCDs, mobile phones, digital appliances, and more.
Samsung creates a wide range of mobile phones, with next- generation mobile phone technologies such as Mobile WiMAX and High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA).Their business also comprises personal computers and MP3 players, creating synergies across platforms.
The TV business is also a key driver. LED TV:s is a flagship product within the TV business. LCD TV and Monitors have also maintained top positions in their respective categories. Samsung also invests in innovation and development in new technology such as 3D.
In addition to telecommunication systems Samsung also has printers & cameras and home appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, washers, ovens, vacuum cleaners and other appliances. Samsung's Component Business leads the world's memory and LCD markets in product and technology development. Their component business is divided into semiconductors and LCD.
How to buy
Samsung Australia: (02) 97646440
Samsung Electronics Australia
7 Parkview Dr, Homebush Bay, NSW, 2127
Phone number: (02) 97646440
Customer contact center:
Call 1300 362 603
Customer Service and Technical Support Operation hours:
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 6pm (EST) Saturday 9am - 1pm (EST)
Latest Stories about
- Review: The iPhone X is the best phone for business, period.
- Qualcomm ships ARM chip to challenge Intel in cloud data centers
- Broadcom makes US$103b bid for Qualcomm
- What is Face ID? Apple’s new authentication tech explained
- Apple may ditch Qualcomm components in next year's iPhones, iPads
- eSIM: No more roaming fees, ever!
- Wireless charging explained: What is it and how does it work?
- Internet of things definitions: A handy guide to essential IoT terms
- Apple just bought its own wireless charging company. Here's why.
- People’s Choice Credit Union appoints inaugural CIO
- Mingis on Tech: Pondering the Pixel 2 (as an iPhone alternative)
- Review: Google’s Pixel 2 phone is the smart (and safe) choice for biz
- Samsung Portable SSD T5: Picture This - Light and fast portable storage
- Samsung Portable SSD T5: Built for Working on the Go
- Step aside, Windows! Open source and Linux are IT’s new security headache
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.