Ciena Corporation was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Maryland, USA. Ciena offers network infrastructure solutions, intelligent software and a comprehensive services practice to enterprise, government, and research and education networks across the globe.
The company's portfolio of software-centric optical and Ethernet platforms combines network element programmability, operating system commonality and management unification, and Carrier Ethernet-based transformation to enable clients to change the way they compete.
Ciena has over 4000 employees worldwide.
Packet-Optical Transport: Platforms that automatically adapt to a wide range of existing fiber plants, making 40G and 100G as easy to deploy as 10G.
Packet-Optical Switching: Multi-terabit-class reconfigurable switching systems utilizing intelligent mesh networking to automate the provisioning and dynamic bandwidth control of high-capacity services.
Carrier Ethernet Service Delivery: Intelligent devices that create low-touch, high-velocity access, backhaul and aggregation networks.
Ciena One Software Suite: Unified software solutions for comprehensive service lifecycle control, proactive monitoring and multi-layer control plane across a wide range of network layers and service types.
Ciena Specialist Services: A services practice that applies Ciena expertise to your specificchallenges and opportunities.
How to buy
Contact Ciena Sales by phone: (800) 207-3714
Ciena Australia Pty. Ltd
1 Innovation Road
Macquarie Park, NSW 2113
Tel: +61 2 8870-5000
Latest Stories about
- World-record speed achieved on Telstra’s transmission network
- F5’s new CEO shares his early impressions, his vision for the app delivery powerhouse
- Get ready for cognitive networking
- Juniper extends data center interconnect options
- Telstra plans 100Gbps optical encryption test
- Southern Cross deploys SDN to serve Pacific Islands
- Startup analyzes behavior to stop malware threats
- Telstra trials optical encryption on inter-city fibre
- SDN pioneer Big Switch lands big round, big names
- Acacia's $125M IPO filing a rarity among networking firms in 2015
- 10 cool ways tech companies give it up for charity
- Verizon preps super-fast 10Gbps broadband
- Enterprise disaggregation is inevitable
- Here comes bare metal and NFV for the enterprise
- Alcatel-Lucent uses SDN to meld IP, optical services