The Australian Computer Society (ACS) is one of the largest computer societies in the world on a per capita basis. It is the recognised association for Information and Communications Technology (ICT) professionals.
ACS was founded in 1966 and its goal is to be the public voice of the ICT profession and the guardian of professional ethics and standards in the ICT industry, with a commitment to the wider community to ensure the beneficial use of ICT.
• To advance professional excellence in information and communications technology.
• To further the study, science and application of information and communications technology.
• To promote, develop and monitor competence in the practice of information and communications technology by persons and organizations.
• To define and promote the maintenance of standards of knowledge of information and communications technology for members.
• To promote the formulation of effective policies on information and communications technology and related matters.
• To extend the knowledge and understanding of information and communications technology in the community.
• To maintain and promote the observance of a code of ethics for members of the Society.
Key ACS Activities
• Membership Services
• Course Accreditation
• Skills Assessment
• Public voice of ICT profession
• Guardian of professional ethics and standards
How to become a member
Membership Enquiries (Non Subscription): firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership Subscription Enquiries email@example.com
Sydney Mechanics School of Arts
Lower Ground, 280 Pitt Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Lower Ground Level
280 Pitt St
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9261 4411
Fax: (02) 9261 4477
Latest Stories about
- Government's $156M cybersecurity pledge a “drop in the bucket”: White hat hacker
- Monash University launches coding boot camp
- AI ethics debate urgent say Aussie business chiefs and academics
- Tasmania prepares to overhaul Justice ICT systems
- Xero and Cogent to help young women break into tech with Code Like A Girl
- Mixed response to 457 visa abolition
- ITPA threatens to ‘out’ abusers of 457 visa scheme
- Next government must ensure coding in schools is a priority
- SAS data scientists to mentor STEM students
- Australia needs a 'culture of innovation': Turnbull
- Budget 2015: StartupAUS sees missed opportunities in budget
- Digital economy should be on NSW govt agenda, says ACS
- ACS pushes for digital focus in Queensland election
- Vic election: ACS calls for govt advisory board to boost digital economy
- In brief: ACS hunts for new CEO after Patterson exits