Viking Technology Tuesday launched the ArxCis-NVTM DRAM memory module, which the company said can automatically detect I/O interrupts and back up data to NAND flash prior to an outage.
Stories by Lucas Mearian
Dell announced it has ended a decadelong reseller relationship with EMC this month through which it sold more than a billion dollars worth of midrange and entry-level storage products.
EMC and the Virtual Computing Environment (VCE) alliance Monday announced that EMC's management tools have been upgraded to more tightly integrate with VMware's vCloud director and vCenter Server tools.
Researchers in Singapore say they've found a way to use common table salt to increase by 5.3 times the density by which bits of data can be stored on a hard disk drive platter.
SOS Online Backup today announced a cloud-based backup service for mobile devices, desktop systems -- and Facebook.
ORLANDO -- Like the 30 spacecraft his agency has launched, Tom Soderstrom, CTO at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), sees everything through the clouds.
ORLANDO - IBM next week plans to unveil software that will allow data to be automatically migrated between storage tiers on an array and between arrays -- no matter where they are in the world.
ORLANDO -- Since it almost went under in 2007, Jet Blue has undertaken several cost-saving and technology streamlining initiatives, including outsourcing its data center infrastructure and rolling out desktop virtualization this year in support of its 14,000 employees.
Intel will tell you its new high-speed interconnect technology, Thunderbolt, is not in competition with Universal Serial Bus (USB), the ubiquitous standard for connecting computers with other devices.
Toshiba America Electronic Components <a href="http://www.computerworld.comwww.toshibastorage.com">today announced</a> its highest-capacity 2.5-in. enterprise-class drive, which will offer up to 300GB of storage.
ORLANDO -- Overland Storage today introduced its first storage array for small- to mid-size businesses (SMBs) and distributed enterprises that can serve up both file- and block-level data over a single controller.
ORLANDO -- After upgrading storage systems twice in three years, Jeffrey Orndoff, IT director at the <a href="http://www.kuphysicians.com/">University of Kansas Physicians</a> , earlier this year virtualized his storage and server environment in the hope that it would let departments quickly deploy new applications as services while maintaining the security of patient information.
A Hewlett-Packard senior fellow this week told attendees at the International Electronics Forum 2011 in Seville that his company will have a new non-volatile memory chip ready to replace NAND flash and solid state drives (SSD) within 18 months.
Imation, a vendor of removable storage medium that includes hard disk drives and magnetic tape, today announced its first network-attached storage appliance aimed at offloading data from primary storage to near-line disk backup and remote disk archives.
After days of spotty online access, Bank of America (BofA) today said its Web and mobile services have not been hit by hacking or denial-of-service attacks. But the nation's largest bank would not disclose what's causing its website problems.
- Project Manager - Network Assurance - Telco VIC
- SAP HR / Payroll Analyst VIC
- Senior Business Project Manager NSW
- Enterprise Security Architect Other
- SAP HR / Payroll Analyst ACT
- IT Portfolio Management Analyst WA
- Communications Business Analyst - LTE / 4G / 3G WA
- Training and Support Lead VIC
- Project Delivery Coordinator QLD
- Linux Systems Administrator VIC
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible