Austin Radiological Association is a quarter of the way toward virtualizing its server and desktop infrastructure, but the move has placed a strain on its networked storage and slowed application performance.
Stories by Lucas Mearian
While the product's name may need a little work, DataDirect Network's new SFA12K series storage array represents a new high-water mark for networked storage performance, according to analysts.
With operations disrupted at more than a dozen hard disk drive (HDD) factories due to flooding in Thailand, PC manufacturers should prepare for significant supply shortages, market research firm IDC said Thursday.
By 2014, almost one in three midsize businesses will be using a recovery-as-a-service (RaaS) with the ability to backup and restore virtual machines (VMs), according to Gartner.
Cloud storage provider Carbonite this week announced enhancements to its small office, home office online backup service, which now offers bare metal backups and file versioning, making a new copy of a file each time it's changed.
Hitachi Data Systems announced a new converged platform alongside SAP that will help users manage and analyze massive amounts of critical data, while improving business decisions and insight based on instant access to that data.
New research from a healthcare industry organization reported an increase of 16 percentage points, from 25% to 41%, in the number of hospitals being well-positioned to meet the first stage of meaningful use of electronic medical records (EMRs).
Flooding in Thailand is wreaking havoc on hard disk drive (HDD) manufacturers.
Pam Crum was 22 weeks pregnant in October 2004 when she noticed a red rash on one breast. Her doctor thought it was simply an inflammation that sometimes occurs in lactating mothers. Over a couple of weeks, the rash worsened. Then a lump formed.
Seagate today announced that it's bumping the platter rotation speed in all of its flagship Barracuda desktop hard drives from 5400 rpm to 7200 rpm.
LSI will not limit the distribution of SandForce's flash chip controller technology, even to competitors, after its buyout of the company is completed.
Two years after attempting to find a suitable buyer, storage switch and router maker Brocade Communications may again be looking to sell itself to the highest bidder.
Intel on Thursday released the third generation of its solid-state drive monitoring and management firmware SSD Toolbox 3.0, which offers many of the same tools as previous versions but with a simpler interface.
Fabless semi-conductor maker LSI Corp. today announced it will acquire SandForce, the leading maker of flash memory controllers for enterprise-class and consumer flash cards and SSDs. The buyout catapults LSI into the leadership position in SATA SSD controllers.
Cloud storage and file-sharing service DropBox today announced a new service that allows work groups to share up to 1TB of online capacity, while also allowing IT shops to add or remove users.
- Technical Services Administrator VIC
- Test Analyst - Brisbane ACT
- The job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now Expired QLD
- Senior Salesforce Functional Consultant NSW
- Healthcare Pre-Sales Consultant - Permanent - North Ryde area NSW
- Field Services Engineer QLD
- Payments Business Analyst VIC
- Business Operations Consultant (Banking exp a must!) VIC
- Scrum Master - Brisbane NSW
- Senior Application Specialist NSW
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.