While blockchain may have cut its teeth on the cryptocurrency Bitcoin, the distributed electronic ledger technology is quickly making inroads across a variety of industries.
Stories by Lucas Mearian
WD's highest performance data center-class SAS SSD so far has up to 7.6TB of capacity, read/write speeds of more than 2GBps and can sustain up to 10 full drive writes a day.
The Linux Foundation said it has accepted Hyperledger Composer into its incubation working group and said the project should eventually help accelerate the development of smart contracts built on blockchain technology.
3D XPoint is a new class of non-volatile memory that can boost server and PC performance for real-time data processing. In the future, it will likely take on the data center DRAM’s role.
3D NAND, which stacks layer upon layer of flash cells atop one another like a microscopic skyscraper, will become the prominent technology for all flash memory this year, according to a new report.
Two-year-old Desktop Metal today announced its first 3D printer products. They build objects using dozens of different alloys with a method similar to today’s thermoplastic-based machines, only faster and less expensively, the vendor claims.
The distributed ledger technology better known as blockchain has the potential to eliminate huge amounts of record-keeping, which can get confusing when multiple parties are involved in a transaction. But for many companies it, and its uses, remain a mystery.
While blockchain technology may be a hotspot in data privacy, experts disagree about whether it’s a good fit for enterprises that have traditionally relied on centralized data control.
Apple may be considering partnering with its China-based supplier Foxconn to purchase a major stake in Toshiba’s semiconductor unit.
A free download that explains how storage went from $1 million to 2 cents per megabyte -- and how it evolved from punch cards to data storage, the internet and smartphones.
Featuring speeds of up to 515MBps, WD's new palm-sized My Passport drive is by far the company's fastest portable drive
A bipartisan Senate bill would let Medicare cover more telehealth services with an evaluation on cost, effectiveness and better quality of care without increasing the cost of delivery.
The invention of thin-film heads, the rise of storage competitors, and the landscape as it exists today.
Ford is hiring 400 engineers to support its efforts to build connected-vehicle tech and plans to establish a new Research and Engineering Center to focus on connectivity in Ottawa, Ontario.
Intel's new Optane memory for PCs will let laptops and desktops boot up twice as fast and boost storage performance 14x for a range of activities.
- Senior Agile Business Analyst VIC
- Middleware System Administrator ACT
- Transport Capacity Planner - Telecom domain VIC
- Business Analyst - Multiple Roles ACT
- Enterprise Architect - Security (ICT Transformation) Other
- Business Analyst QLD
- Senior IT Project Manager VIC
- CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER NT
- Process Lead NSW
- Senior Environment or Platform level Environment Managers VIC
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible