An attorney warns about the gotchas in employment contracts; security jobs go begging; master's degrees in computer science pay off.
Stories by Jamie Eckle
We've all heard that our resumes should not just tell what we did but also give insight into how we helped our employers by doing the things we did.
The latest jobs report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics was pretty much good news for IT professionals, though just how good depends on how you interpret job categories.
Was HP's CIO the best paid in the country in 2012? Maybe.
In managing human resources, people architecture is gaining popularity, says IT workforce analyst David Foote. He explains what it is and why it's on the rise.
Two surveys show that starting salaries for recent college graduates with computer science degrees has slipped, but pay might not be the most important factor for IT professionals when it comes to choosing jobs.
CIOs in the Dark
Personal coach Kelly Walsh says some initiatives with the 'work/life balance' label are actually counterproductive.
IT: You Don't Have to Be a Star
A survey of IT professionals shows they tend to think they are smarter and more creative than their bosses.
According to Glassdoor, IT job hunters report that Google has the toughest job interview in the tech industry. Here's a look at the top 10 tech companies with the most difficult job interviews, as ranked by job applicants, along with the applicants' assessments of how positive the interview experience was at each company:
IT Professionals on the IT Profession
A survey puts QA in the No. 2 position when it comes to on-the-job contentment.
A mentor and mentee explain what they have gained from their company's mentorship program.
Grads: A Splash of Cold Water
- Network Data Admin VIC
- Data Architect NSW
- Senior Process Analyst NSW
- Multiple SOC Analyst Roles Other
- Technical Business Analyst NSW
- Guidewire Business Analyst - Brisbane based VIC
- Reporting Data Analyst - Telco VIC
- Test Engineer - Insurance Background QLD
- Project Coordinator VIC
- Cyber Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde area NSW
- Upskill your Team. Transition your Career. Cyber Security Foundation & Practitioner™ instructor-led course, for anyone needing a solid understanding of Cyber Security.
- Business transforms when it comes together | Unite your IT , Ops, and Applications teams with shared solutions. Get Ready - Red Hat Cloud