The Waledac botnet, crippled by legal action from Microsoft and covert infiltration by security researchers just a year ago, appears poised for a big comeback.
Stories by Jeremy Kirk
The U.S. has one of the lowest relative rates of use of P-to-P (peer-to-peer) networks compared to the rest of the world, according to a new study.
Mobile network operators are trailing their fixed-line counterparts by several years in regards to security, with many experiencing outages and other problems due to the use of outdated security technology, according to a new report released Tuesday by Arbor Networks.
Vodafone and France Telecom say mobile phone service was restored in Egypt on Saturday as demonstrations against President Hosni Mubarak's government continued across the country on Monday.
The open-source software development site SourceForge is speeding up its move to a new a security model following a targeted attack that may have compromised the passwords of its large user base.
UK police arrested three teenagers and two other people on Thursday for allegedly taking part in a series of denial-of-service attacks against major websites earlier this year as part of the loosely affiliated group "Anonymous."
A new report from Akamai Technologies shows that hackers appear to be increasingly using the Telnet remote access protocol to attack corporate servers over mobile networks.
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg appears to be the second high-profile victim of a hacking attack on his own Facebook page, following a similar account takeover early this week targeting French president Nicolas Sarkozy.
Germany is stopping short of legal action against Facebook after reaching a 14-point agreement on Monday over how the site handles data from non-Facebook users.
A piece of banking malware that researchers have been keeping an eye on is adding more sophisticated capabilities to stay hidden on victims' PCs, according to the vendor Seculert.
Researchers have developed a low-profile Trojan horse program for Google's Android mobile OS that steals data in a way that is unlikely to be detected by either a user or antivirus software.
Paul Laverack of London is an actor, but he's considering a possible career change -- to computer security.
Sony Computer Entertainment has launched legal action against five hackers who recently released a set of tools that allows illegally copied games to run on the PlayStation 3 game console.
Google has taken a step to stop legitimate e-mail messages sent by its Apps customers from getting caught in spam filters.
Android users who thought they fat-fingered a text message to the wrong person may be able to lay the blame with Google developers.
- Technical Writer QLD
- Senior Risk Coordinator SA
- Business Analyst ACT
- Training and Support Lead VIC
- Oracle Identity & Access Management Administrator NSW
- Senior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane Based NSW
- Project Coordinator NSW
- Test Analyst - Intermediate Level NSW
- Cognos/Datastage Developer QLD
- Support Specialist MQ and ESB Administration NSW
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.