While it's undoubtedly invaluable, technology often offers only part of the solution to storage optimization. "If you don't know how to drive and you're driving a broken car, buying a new car will not fix your problem [of not knowing how to drive a car]," says Ashish Nadkani, principal consultant with GlassHouse Technologies, an enterprise-storage consulting firm.
Stories by Michele Hope
Every IT person knows this painful truth: Attention from users for underlying IT operations is not always a good thing. This is especially true when an application or storage system has halted or slowed to a crawl because the infrastructure is not performing at an optimal level.
Depository Trust and Clearing isn't taking any chances when protecting its network from application-layer attacks. The company's 450 software developers use an automated scanning tool to make sure that security holes are plugged during the software development life cycle, not after an application has been deployed.
Because of the large-scale growth in data, many of today's storage-area networks have evolved considerably from their early, well-contained deployments.
- Network Technical Specialist L3 x 2 ? Large Telco ? 6 month contract initially NSW
- Agile Business Analyst ACT
- Communications Specialist SA
- Network Engineer NSW
- Program Manager SA
- Sales Manager - Global ISP Cloud Solutions Provider VIC
- Business Analyst - Business Process Improvement - Six Sigma Black Belt VIC
- Azure Consultant / Architect VIC
- Project Manager QLD
- Business Analyst ACT