Microsoft’s SmartScreen ‘reputation checker’ is expanding from the Internet Explorer browser to the entire Windows 8 desktop, nudging developers to buy Extended Validation (EV) code signing certificates to reduce their chances of causing a security alert.
Stories by Liam Tung
Potentially tens of thousands of machines once infected by the DNS Changer may be at risk of hijacking after IP address blocks were reallocated last week.
The infamous Mac trojan Flashback, which infected 800,000 Mac OS X machines at its height this April, is still lingering on over 140,000 computers, according to Russian security firm, Dr Web.
A District Court order in Iceland’s capital Reykjavík has ordered local payments provider Valitor to open services to WikiLeaks again or face a hefty US$6,000 a day penalty.
Antivirus vendors missed Flame, Stuxnet and Duqu because they never considered them a priority, not because the attackers were superior, says security technologist Bruce Schneier.
MI5 Director General Jonathan Evans says there is an “astonishing” level of aggressive internet vulnerability exploitation by both state-sponsored and organised cybercrime groups.
Europe’s independent privacy watchdog is pushing for tight controls over smart meter data collection, fearing the data could be used to exploit and harm consumers.
McAfee’s estimate that 17 per cent of PC users worldwide do not run AV is why Microsoft should extend its Windows 8 enhanced Defender-by-default to older and even pirated Windows.
The bloated, modular Flame malware may or may not be the biggest threat since Stuxnet, but its tardy discovery highlights the limits of antivirus in a world where governments are investing heavily in offensive cyber capabilities.
An apparent trio of ‘hackers’ operating under the LatinHackTeam banner has claimed the Australian Government’s Department of Health and Ageing eHealth education site as its 13,789th ‘defacement‘ victim.
Iranians and Syrians that search the web for a popular censorship evading proxy, ‘Simurgh’, are at risk of downloading a fake, trojanised version of the privacy tool.
Facebook has teamed up with five security vendors to offer a range of free and subscription-based antivirus packages.
Microsoft has released a new version of Security Essentials offering free protection for non-pirated Windows XP, Vista and 7 PCs.
Google has raised its top payout to researchers who find serious flaws by a factor of six from $3,133.77 to $20,000, but to qualify for the highest payout researchers must find critical vulnerabilities affecting its production systems.
A study commissioned by the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office (ICOI) has revealed that just 11 per cent of 230 discarded second hand hard drives contained personal information.
- Guidewire Business Analyst - Brisbane based NSW
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer NSW
- Team Assistant/Executive Assistant - Telco VIC
- Senior Business Analyst NSW
- Test Specialist - eCommerce VIC
- AWS DevOps Engineer - Brisbane QLD
- Program / Project Analyst VIC
- Senior Project Manager NSW
- Multiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or Adelaide QLD
- Reporting Analyst/Workforce Analyst - Telco VIC
- Upskill your Team. Transition your Career. Cyber Security Foundation & Practitioner™ instructor-led course, for anyone needing a solid understanding of Cyber Security.
- Business transforms when it comes together | Unite your IT , Ops, and Applications teams with shared solutions. Get Ready - Red Hat Cloud