Security researchers have expanded and improved the three-year-old BREACH attack that exploits the HTTP compression mechanism in order to recover sensitive information such as authentication cookies from encrypted Web traffic.
Stories by Lucian Constantin
A flaw in door controllers made by HID Global could allow hackers to unlock secure doors over the network without authentication.
Researchers from Check Point Software Technologies found that the communication between MDM products and iOS devices is susceptible to man-in-the-middle attacks and can be hijacked to install malware on non-jailbroken devices.
One of the best pieces of security advice any computer expert can give you is to enable two-factor authentication for websites that support it. With password breaches so common nowadays, it could be the one thing that keeps hackers from stealing your identity online.
A new worm called Remaiten infects Linux-based embedded systems by exploiting weak Telnet passwords.
A new custom developed backdoor program has been used over the past year in highly targeted attacks against organizations from Taiwan, Japan, South Korea and the U.S.
Antivirus firm Bitdefender has released a free tool that can prevent computers from being infected with some of the most widespread file-encrypting ransomware programs: Locky, TeslaCrypt and CTB-Locker.
The new Petya ransomware overwrites the master boot record (MBR) of the affected PCs, leaving the OS in an unbootable state, researchers from antivirus firm Trend Micro said.
A new ransomware program written in Windows PowerShell is being used in attacks against enterprises, including healthcare organizations, researchers from Carbon Black warn.
Researchers from Symantec have recently found samples of the Carberp.B online banking Trojan that were digitally signed with two stolen certificates: one using a SHA-1 signature and one using a SHA-2 signature.
Oracle has released an emergency Java security update to fix a critical vulnerability that could allow attackers to compromise computers when they visit specially crafted websites.
A Trojan program is being distributed through USB drives and seems to be designed for stealing information from so-called air-gapped computers that are not connected to the Internet.
Microsoft has added a new option in Office 2016 that allows administrators to block macros -- embedded automation scripts -- from running in Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents that originate from the Internet.
Systems administrators should get ready to fix a critical vulnerability on April 12 that affects the Windows and Samba implementations of the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol.
An application that allows users to root their Android devices is taking advantage of a security flaw in the Linux kernel that has remained unpatched in Android since its discovery two years ago.
- .Net Developer ACT
- SCRUM Master VIC
- Communications Business Analyst - LTE / 4G / 3G WA
- Project Coordinator NSW
- Project Coordinator NSW
- Agile Business Analyst - Brisbane QLD
- Senior Business Analyst NSW
- Senior Agile Business Analyst NSW
- Technical Writer QLD
- Junior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - Brisbane WA
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.