A group of hackers that previously leaked alleged NSA exploits claims to have even more attack tools, as well as intelligence gathered by the agency on foreign banks and ballistic missile programs.
Stories by Lucian Constantin
As the WannaCry ransomware attack evolves, more cybercriminals are likely to attempt to profit from the vulnerability it exploits and similar flaws in the future.
In response to recent attacks where hackers abused Google's OAuth services to gain access to Gmail accounts, the company will review new web applications that request Google users' data.
Attackers behind the highly successful Locky and Bart ransomware campaigns have returned with a new creation: A malicious file-encrypting program called Jaff that asks victims for payments of around $3,700
Users of Asus RT-N and RT-AC series routers should install the latest firmware updates released for their models because they address vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to hijack router settings.
The Tuesday updates for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge forces those browsers to flag SSL/TLS certificates signed with the ageing SHA-1 hashing function as insecure.
Microsoft released security patches Tuesday for 55 vulnerabilities across the company's products, including three flaws that have already been exploited in targeted attacks by cyberespionage groups.
Microsoft released an update for the malware scanning engine bundled with most of its Windows security products to fix a highly critical vulnerability that could allow attackers to hack computers.
Hackers compromised a download server for HandBrake, a popular open-source program for converting video files, and used it to distribute a macOS version of the application that contained malware.
A sophisticated Russian cyberespionage group is readying attacks against Mac users and has recently ported its Windows backdoor program to macOS.
The FIN7 financially motivated cybercrime group is abusing the Windows Application Compatibility Infrastructure, a feature that makes it possible for enterprises and developers to quickly resolve incompatibilities between their applications and new Windows versions.
The Xen Project has fixed three vulnerabilities in its widely used hypervisor that could allow operating systems running inside virtual machines to access the memory of the host systems, breaking the critical security layer between them.
There's now a new tool that could allow researchers and companies to quickly block communications between some malware families and their constantly changing command-and-control servers.
Android has received security fixes for over one hundred vulnerabilities, including 29 critical flaws in the media processing server, hardware-specific drivers and other components.
- SAP HR / Payroll Analyst VIC
- Site Acquisition Coordinator NSW
- URGENT - Contract opportunity Business Analyst - Finance - Immediate start VIC
- MessageQueue/DataPower Administrator NSW
- Training and Support Lead NSW
- Business Analyst - Mobility / UX WA
- Senior Risk Coordinator SA
- Junior Test Analyst ACT
- Senior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane Based NSW
- Senior Business Analyst - Banking VIC
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.