Plugging into strange ports can get you into trouble. So why not carry around a layer of protection?
Stories by Jared Newman
These browser-based apps can compete with their desktop counterparts
With Windows 8 doing little to spark laptop sales, you can hear the grousing of PC makers get louder.
When Facebook goes public, it will enter a new world full of shareholder meetings, earnings reports, and the constant pressure to turn an increasingly bigger profit. But the Facebook IPO isn't just about making money; it's also about expanding the network, in pursuit of Mark Zuckerberg's vision of a more connected world. With that in mind, here are four challenges Facebook will face after its public offering is complete:
Never underestimate the power of a cheap, well-marketed tablet like Amazon's Kindle Fire. According to Comscore, the Kindle Fire accounts for 54.4 percent of Android tablets sold in the United States.
The United States Department of Justice has sued Apple and five major book publishers, accusing them of colluding to raise e-book prices.
With the launch of Apple's new iPad out of the way, it's time to look ahead to the next big tablet launch on the horizon.
A new report claims to have details on a Nokia Windows 8 tablet, including some specs and release timing.
Here are some of the best Metro-Style Windows 8 apps - optimised for touchscreens, but functional with mouses and keyboards.
Samsung's Galaxy S III will have some impressive tech specs, according to a new leak, but a massive screen could turn off mainstream consumers.
For the next month, Box is offering 50 GB of free online storage for Android users, with no strings attached.
Motorola has promised to upgrade many of its smartphones and tablets to Android Ice Cream Sandwich, but not any time soon.
Although Android Ice Cream Sandwich makes some big leaps in HTML5 browser performance, Apple's iOS 5 is still the king, according to a study by Sencha.
Amazon's Kindle Fire "offers a disappointingly poor user experience," according to an expert on usability.
Users of Apple's iPhone 4S are even more satisfied than iPhone 4 users last year, with 96 percent somewhat or very satisfied, according to a survey from ChangeWave Research. However, 38 percent of those surveyed said the phone's battery life is too short.
- Web Applications Project Manager NSW
- Program Manager NSW
- Technical Business Analyst NSW
- Project Manager - Infrastructure WA
- Middleware Adminstrator NSW
- Healthcare Pre-Sales Consultant - Permanent - North Ryde area NSW
- Multiple SOC Analyst Roles Other
- Business Analyst - Technical background VIC
- Payments Solution Designer NSW
- Senior Salesforce Functional Consultant NSW
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.