Security professionals need a systematic analysis process to make sure they aren’t the next Equifax when customer data is compromised.
Stories by Ira Winkler
While people applaud easier password guidance from NIST, easier is not better. Here’s what you need to consider when creating a company password policy.
Action items for CSOs looking to bolster their security awareness programs.
Last week’s big malware outbreak caused a lot of damage, but organizations that made good decisions ahead of time weren’t affected.
Many experts say that people are more important than process in the IT security world. That is politically correct, as opposed to actually correct.
The detention of Norway’s former prime minister, when stripped of politics, was an example of proper security awareness.
Just when the world seems ready to listen to us, we give it a display of epic bickering.
The game is getting its players off the couch, which already wasn’t safe from the bad guys.
Breaches that weren’t have gotten a lot of attention — and that’s not such a bad thing.
Iranian and Chinese governments directed and funded attacks, so why are Iranian and Chinese citizens being charged instead of the governments that directed their actions?
Apple is trying to position itself as a staunch defender of citizens’ privacy. But when you extend its arguments to their logical conclusion, it comes out looking like the company is incapable of protecting its secrets.
The truth behind the hype and misunderstandings surrounding the case.
The conference organizers didn’t expect the outrage that followed the scheduling of a session on the TV series <i>CSI: Cyber</i>. They should have, though.
Sometimes I wonder whether any company will ever fall victim to an unsophisticated cyberattack. Because after every attack that comes to light, we hear that same excuse: It was a sophisticated attack.
Maybe I should be outraged by Sony's decision not to distribute the movie <em>The Interview</em>, but I am merely saddened by it. I am saddened that a hacking incident with all the hallmarks of a simple case of extortion has been distorted so it looks like a terrorist threat.
- Business Analyst - Payments VIC
- Senior DevOps Manager VIC
- MS Dynamics Technical Consultant - 6 month contract Initially - Sydney NSW
- The job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now Expired QLD
- Senior Process Analyst NSW
- Data Analyst NSW
- Reporting Analyst/Workforce Analyst - Telco VIC
- Business Intelligence Developer SA
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt 6 month contract VIC
- Hogan Technical Consultant - Brisbane Other
- Business transforms when it comes together | Unite your IT , Ops, and Applications teams with shared solutions. Get Ready - Red Hat Cloud
- Upskill your Team. Transition your Career. Cyber Security Foundation & Practitioner™ instructor-led course, for anyone needing a solid understanding of Cyber Security.