The so-called Google tax is a desperate and wrongheaded gambit to save traditional newspapers.
Stories by Ron Miller
Perhaps I'm growing curmudgeonly as I get older, but I simply don't get the latest app flavor of the month. Known as Yo, all this little piffle does is let you say "Yo" to individuals among a set of followers, just to let them know you're thinking about them (or to be annoying).
The Internet community has arisen with one voice to lambaste the FCC chairman's proposal to make the Internet less neutral for some.
And what is going to have to happen before we see that we must set the smartest minds on coming up with newer, safer and less complicated security methods?
When a world that's characterized by ubiquitous data collection and surveillance can lose sight of a jumbo jet, you start to question the worth of all that spying on us.
A company that pursues growth through buyout while ignoring the market realities that are undermining its position will just make a louder noise when it finally falls.
Turkey might be about to learn how attempts to control the population by limiting the Internet can backfire.
Google hasn't been anyone's idea of an ethical beacon in recent years.
The really important question right now isn't what to do about Edward Snowden; it's how much surveillance is tolerable in a free society.
And there's mounting evidence that it's counterproductive.
Embarrassment over the revelations about the NSA's domestic activities is a poor reason to prosecute the man who shined the light on them.
- Network Designer QLD
- Project Director - Gold Coast QLD
- Change Manager SA
- Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist VIC
- The job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now Expired QLD
- System Analyst - Axway NSW
- Senior Business Analyst - Business Case - Risk & Compliance - Contract NSW
- Delivery Lead - Process Transformation (Six Sigma) - Telco in Pennant HIlls NSW
- Team Assistant/Executive Assistant - Telco VIC
- Junior Infrastructure Engineer ACT
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.