A widespread ransomware attack propagating as a worm was a legitimate cause of alarm.
Stories by By Mathias Thurman
The transition from on-premises to cloud-based email is an opportunity to tighten security controls.
For our manager, the annual security gathering is a great way to get quality time with vendors.
A risk council with stakeholders from across the company could be an effective way to get needed resources to mitigate the worst security risks.
If you let one customer perform security tests against your applications and network, you let yourself in for a lot of headaches.
A bit of automation can ease the PCI compliance burden.
The DDoS attack against DNS provider Dyn finds our manager without a backup plan. That’s painful, especially when the plan had been to test incident response soon.
Our manager needs to get remote users’ PCs backed up without forcing them to connect to the network, which they rarely have to do these days to do their jobs.
No sophisticated SOC? You can still be pretty sure that you’re aware of anything potentially troublesome.
Sometimes, security risks are hiding in plain sight.
Our manager leverages gaps in security compliance to enhance the security program.
Even when top management is enlightened about the importance of good security practices, a security manager needs to go into the budget meeting prepared.
The company calls in our manager to take a look around at a small software company it’s acquiring — after the deal has been signed.
The company has sanctioned the use of an online password vault, so why is there a spreadsheet making the rounds that contains scores of passwords to servers that contain sensitive data?
Meeting requirements can be exhausting, but the business payoff can make it all worthwhile.
- Client Delivery Director ACT
- Test Automation Engineer VIC
- Information Security Consultant QLD
- System Analyst - Axway ACT
- Project Manager ACT
- Business Intelligence Specialist NSW
- SharePoint Developer / Administrator NSW
- Business Analyst SA
- Senior Internet Services Engineer - DevOps NSW
- Project Implementation Support - Telecom Industry VIC
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.