The corporate firewall is like a dike keeping out a raging sea of malware. Where does it all come from?
Stories by J.F. Rice
Doors just stop working when one old PC in a storage closet dies.
We've all learned that we're no safer than our least safe partner on our networks.
Why have recent vulnerabilities gotten so much more attention than the ones that preceded them? It's hard to say, but the new awareness is a mixed blessing.
The end of Microsoft support is fast approaching, and the company still has a lot of machines running the old Windows operating system.
And without remote management, getting patches onto devices scattered throughout the organization is hit or miss.
Recent data breaches suggest that retailers are security laggards, but the professionalism of the attacks should worry just about anyone.
Scammers are nothing if not innovative. It just goes to show that the best defense is an educated workforce.
This tool helps with a lot more than telling you at a glance about the threats you face.
In-house developers show themselves to be woefully behind the times when it comes to security via authentication.
Our manager hadn't realized how the government affected his daily life until he couldn't get to government websites that hold information he needs.
The passwords most people choose could be stronger, but providers need to make it easier to create really strong passphrases. And when will we be able to leave passwords behind and use alternative authentication methods instead?
Android smartphones and tablets have become ubiquitous at our manager's company. What happens now that the Android ecosystem appears to be riddled with security pitfalls?
Our intellectual property and sensitive data have been leaving the relatively safe confines of our internal network without adequate security precautions, all because users find it convenient to get their company email in their personal webmail accounts.
The network team is on board with plan to update the devices to current versions, but who will do the work?
- Scrum Master QLD
- Payments Business Analyst VIC
- Web Applications Project Manager NSW
- Web Applications Project Manager ACT
- Linux Administrator NSW
- Associate Project Manager - Infrastructure Services VIC
- Portfolio Manager - Governance VIC
- Senior Systems Engineer (WINTEL) ACT
- Business Analyst QLD
- Network Support Engineer SA
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.