Australian soap manufacturer Pental was struggling with an aging storage area network (SAN) that had the potential to cause serious backup issues, until it implemented new infrastructure.
Stories by Hamish Barwick
Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim has urged the Coalition government to revisit the Privacy Amendment (Privacy Alerts) Bill 2013 which lapsed after a second reading in parliament was delayed during June.
Amended legislation has been introduced into the Northern Territory parliament which will give law enforcement agencies the power to destroy all child abuse material, even if a person is found not guilty.
Grays (NSW) Pty Limited, which runs the GraysOnline shopping websites, has been ordered to pay a $165,000 infringement notice after sending marketing emails that did not comply with the Spam Act.
Nearly half of Australians surveyed by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) cited social media websites as the greatest risk to their privacy.
ANZ Stadium is implementing a new Wi-Fi network which is set to go live in March 2014.
IT services company ASG Group (ASX: ASZ) has announced that it plans to sell its Perth data centre in order to reduce debt.
Cyber criminals have accessed information about 2.9 million Adobe customers including names, encrypted credit card numbers and expiration dates. The attackers also took customer IDs and encrypted passwords.
Australian telecommunications retailer Allphones has rolled out a digital contract system to more than 100 stores to reduce paper usage and increase security.
Western Australia ScamNet is warning renters in the state to watch out for fake rental property ads placed on websites such as Gumtree.
A new report into malware by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has found that 10 per cent of Australians who access the Internet at home don’t use any security software.
The New South Wales government has announced legislation which could see online marketplaces hit with fines of $5500 if they refuse to remove scalped tickets which are sold for inflated prices.
Eftpos Australia is building a centralised payments hub which will speed up the rollout of products such as Eftpos contactless for merchants.
Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull unveiled NextDC’s new S1 facility in Sydney recently. The $150 million five storey co-location data centre will provide 5600 metres of space to government and enterprise customers.
National Australia Bank (NAB) has moved its customer website from an internal legacy system onto the Amazon Web Services (AWS) public cloud.
- Infrastructure SME NSW
- Network Infrastructure Development Engineer NSW
- Senior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane Based VIC
- Cloud Engineer - Amazon Web Services QLD
- Helpdesk Officer SA
- Project SAP Asset Coordinator NSW
- Project Support Officer QLD
- Senior Technical Business Analyst - Integration NSW
- ITSM OR iTIL Business Analyst NSW
- Business Analyst VIC
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.