Operators of machine to machine (M2M) wireless communication links used in the Internet of Things (IoT) will find it easier to access spectrum under proposed changes to regulatory arrangements according to the Australian Communications and Media Authority.
Stories by Hamish Barwick
Cheepie and Marlborough in Queensland along with Denillquin in NSW will get increased 3G and 4G coverage from Telstra as part of the federal government’s mobile blackspot program.
Some CIOs have been given bigger budgets and increasing levels of influence in their companies according to the 2015-16 Michael Page Australia CIO Viewpoint report.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is warning consumers and businesses to watch out for a fake parcel delivery scam email which purports to be from Australia Post or FedEx.
The Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) has started working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and SMS Management & Technology for the hosting of its online digital services.
Optus is now the official telecommunications partner for the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) until 2026.
New Zealand Electricity and Gas Complaints Commissioner Judi Jones will take up the role of Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) in March 2016.
Former Queensland Health CTO Colin McCririck has been appointed as eHealth Queensland’s CEO and CIO.
Westpac has unveiled a Pay to Mobile service which allows its customers to transfer money using a mobile number.
Card-not-present fraud rose from $256.5 million in 2014 to $322.7 million this year according to a new report by the Australian Payments Clearing Association (APCA).
There has been a “significant surge” in the number of ransomware attacks in Australia, according to the inaugural Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) survey of major Australian businesses.
Managed infrastructure firm Blue Central will save an estimated $500,000 over three years with its new storage environment.
With 50 million connected devices predicted by 2020, the Internet of Things (IoT) is becoming a more pressing cyber security threat which IT managers should take seriously, according to industry experts.
Dimension Data has been selected by Victoria International Container Terminal (VICT) to deliver networking infrastructure for the $550 million terminal at Port of Melbourne's Webb Dock East.
Infosys will be providing finance, accounting and human resources services to over 6000 NSW government employees from its office in Parramatta, West Sydney over the next six years.
- Database Administrator - Government Organisation VIC
- Digital Project Manager NSW
- DevOps Consultant - Brisbane NSW
- Senior Project Manager NSW
- Network Specialist QLD
- Linux & Windows Systems Engineer - Brisbane NSW
- Hogan Technical Consultant - Brisbane NSW
- Senior Agile Business Analyst VIC
- Wintel Engineer - Brisbane NSW
- Business Analyst - Payments VIC
- Upskill your Team. Transition your Career. Cyber Security Foundation & Practitioner™ instructor-led course, for anyone needing a solid understanding of Cyber Security.
- Business transforms when it comes together | Unite your IT , Ops, and Applications teams with shared solutions. Get Ready - Red Hat Cloud