Microsoft's in-car technology is getting a boost via a deal with a large supplier of automotive electronics. Germany's Siemens VDO Automotive has agreed to collaborate with it on a next-generation communication and entertainment system.
Stories by John Blau
Supporters of the Blu-ray Disc format came to Berlin armed with key announcements to underscore their commitment to the next-generation movie disc.
Theseus, the German government-funded program to develop new semantic Web technologies, will launch a competition in November to attract talented software programmers, including experts from the open-source community.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the latest major music label to offer music downloads without copy protection.
Vodafone doesn't want to miss out on the next big wireless technology, no matter what it is.
Dell Inc. has agreed to acquire ASAP Software Inc. in a move to meet demand from large customers for tools and services that help manage their software assets.
Merger costs, flat sales and a strong Euro contributed to a second-quarter net loss at Alcatel-Lucent.
A new Web site assessment service launched by Accenture could help businesses get more bang out of the bucks they invest in their consumer sites.
German high-tech heavyweights SAP and Siemens are among the companies that hope to benefit from a government-funded program to develop new semantic Web technologies.
The Green Party is accusing the Berlin city government of lacking a coherent IT strategy and thus not being in a position to adequately judge the merits of open-source software.
Google is unhappy with proposed German legislation to ban anonymous e-mail accounts and may consider dropping the German version of its Gmail service.
Reorganization reflects the growing importance of Nokia's multimedia and Internet-enabled devices businesses.
Consumers planning to buy the iPhone when it goes on sale in the U.S. later this month will need to have an iTunes Store account before they can activate the device, according to information on Apple's Web site.
U.S. soldiers in South Korea face a tough call on using Internet telephony in the country.
Hackers may want to avoid Germany, after the approval of a law that makes their activity a punishable crime.
- Change Manager QLD
- Program Manager NSW
- Transition Manger - Infrastructure Services VIC
- Cyber Security Analyst - Telco VIC
- Associate Project Manager - Infrastructure Services VIC
- Business Analyst (Reporting) - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBD NSW
- Team Assistant/Executive Assistant - Telco VIC
- Web Applications Project Manager VIC
- IT Security Support Officers Other
- Infrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical Industry VIC
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.