The head of the Australian Secret Intelligence Service (ASIS), Nick Warner, has flagged cyber security and evolving information technology as a major area of national insecurity in the coming decade.
Stories by Tim Lohman
Australia’s carbon tax is expected to have at most a moderate effect on employment within the country, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), predicts.
The Commonwealth Bank (CBA) is to offer banking via Facebook by the end of this year, and has further announced that its Kaching mobile payment application is now available for Android-based mobile devices.
The Communications Electrical and Plumbing Union (CEPU) has warned that the speed of the rollout of the National Broadband Network (NBN) could be affected due to a lack of skilled workers and despite some $100 million in Government funds being spent on training up Telstra employees.
It began with a trickle and now, for many organisations, it’s a flood. That rising tide of employee-owned smartphones, tablets and laptop computers threatens to drown already weighed-down IT leaders around the country, but all is not lost. In fact, with a little planning, the flow of BYO devices — while not diverted — can in fact be harnessed for the betterment of employer and employees.
The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) has reported a dramatic year-on-year up-tick in complaints relating to disputed internet usage charges and financial over-commitment caused by inadequate spend management tools.
While the National Broadband Network (NBN) has been touted as a boon for education and healthcare, one of the biggest benefits to Australia could be in its ability to stimulate regional economic activity.
The NSW Government has handed downs its 2012-13 Budget, revealing relatively modest investment in information and communications technology (ICT) and a strong focus on infrastructure investment.
The Victorian Government is to overhaul the way it procures information technology and communications (ICT) products and services through working with ICT suppliers to ceate a new whole-of-government eServices Register.
When you think of Formula One (F1) racing you may well think glitz, glamour, and money. Lots and lots of money. And while you’d be right, the sport, for all its A-List buzz and appeal to the world’s jet set, hides a dark secret: It’s really run by nerds. IT nerds. If an army can be said to march on its stomach, F1 without doubt races on its IT. Put simply, without information technology the sport simply would not exist.
The Federal Government’s investigation into the effectiveness of the <i>Interactive Gambling Act 2001</i> (IGA) has delivered a damning assessment of the Act’s ability to minimise harm from problem gambling and deter Australians’ access to foreign online gambling services.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has given tentative approval for the migration of Optus’s hybrid coaxial cable (HFC) customers to the National Broadband Network (NBN) and the subsequent decommissioning of parts of the HFC network.
Government agencies looking to make greater use of social media and other collaboration tools face a raft of legal issues with the potential to sink efforts to better connect government and the public.
The OECD has delivered a positive outlook for Australia during the next two years, predicting the country will continue to continue reading the benefits of the mining boom.
CSC’s chief technology information officer, Bob Hayward, talks mobility, BYOD, virtual desktops, enterprise app stores and project management.
- Wintel Engineer - Brisbane VIC
- Technical Writer - Based in Brisbane NSW
- Business Analyst - BI & Reporting NSW
- IT Project Coordinator VIC
- Penetration Test Analyst ACT
- Finance Analyst NSW
- Support Specialist MQ and ESB Administration NSW
- Senior Business Analyst NSW
- Data Specialist - Government Organisation VIC
- Scrum Master - Digital/ Marketing Projects NSW
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.