Takeovers and mergers, let alone cutbacks, can bring a job to an unexpected and abrupt end. Honing skills in the job search builds confidence when it's most needed andd increases the hit rate. CIO Doug Lewis looks at the steps
Stories by Doug Lewis
"Take This Job and Shove It," Johnny Paycheck sang in 1977. He was expressing the frustration of being trapped in a really bad job and offering a rather caustic solution to the situation.
In the failing IT organization, you'll find that morale stinks worse than week-old roadkill. IT staffers have been repeatedly characterized as losers, and it has sunk in. People who think they're losers will act like losers. People who act like losers perform like losers, and the hole gets deeper and deeper. You need to break the cycle. The best way to break a losing cycle is with a success.
- Mid-Level Business Analyst (Digital Transformation) NSW
- Project Manager NSW
- Linux Infrastructure Engineer - Telco industry VIC
- Iteration Manager - Insurance Background QLD
- Change Analyst-Transformation NSW
- Technical Business Analyst (Rules/ Real time analysis) VIC
- Technical Business Analyst NSW
- Organisational Change Manager NSW
- Network Data Engineer NSW
- Business Analyst NSW