At first blush it seems like a typical 419 (or Nigerian letter) scam - the standard e-mail directing the intended victim to do certain things that supposedly result in a huge payoff to the latter.
Stories by Joaquim P. Menezes
Having an RFID tag in your Nike shoes, or affixed to your license plate sticker, or even embedded in your driver's license may seem bizarre.
Oracle has entered into a "definitive" agreement to buy leading middleware vendor BEA Systems for approximately US$8.5 billion, the two companies announced on Wednesday.
In late 2002, a huge controversy broke out over a highly speculative theory from two mathematical physicists (who happened to be twins) about what may have preceded the Big Bang.
"Choice" is undoubtedly a value proposition for the Samsung FP-T6374 -- some would say too much of it.
Dean Turner, Director of Symantec's Global Intelligence Network says data breaches and ID theft will continue dominate the threat landscape next year. He also outlines practical steps companies and consumers can take to protect themselves, in this interview with ITBusiness.ca editor, Joaquim P. Menezes.
SAP announced yesterday the resignation of several senior managers of its troubled subsidiary TomorrowNow, including CEO Andrew Nelson.
While there wasn't anything ground-breaking about IBM's Blue Cloud announcement in Shanghai last Friday it was still significant.
If a billionaire entrepreneur has to narrate his "rags to riches" story, when better to do it than before a gargantuan audience, and on a big anniversary.
In 2004, O'Reilly Media coined the phrase 'Web 2.0' to describe what is ostensibly a second generation of Internet-based services -- such as social networking sites -- that foster online collaboration and sharing.
Oracle president Charles Phillips flagged off Oracle OracleWorld 2006 on Sunday promising that his company is well on its way to completely redefining how people view enterprise software.
Superb video and audio quality at a steep price ... that's my immediate take on the Samsung BD-P1000 Blu-ray player. Of course, a mix of factors is likely to drive the price down in the not too distant future.
An inability to properly manage their IT assets is placing many North American organizations at a significant security and financial risk, says a recent study.
Tony Soprano step aside. Symantec is now in the protection business. And its turf is pretty wide. Infrastructure, information and interactions -- Symantec says it's committed to protecting them all.
Collaborative, secure and flexible application development -- was a key motif at VSLive! 2006, the four-day Microsoft developer conference being held in Toronto this week.
- Account Commercial and Contract Manager (ANZ) VIC
- Lean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist - MELBOURNE QLD
- Senior Service Delivery Manager VIC
- Test Analyst - Brisbane NSW
- Client Delivery Director ACT
- Reporting Analyst NSW
- Business Analyst NSW
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Project Manager QLD
- Team Assistant/Executive Assistant - Telco VIC
- Wintel Messaging Engineer l Office 365 / Exchange / Skype for Business / Azure NSW
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.