Wearable computing is coming, and combined with augmented-reality apps, it could bring some benefits for the enterprise.
Stories by Nicholas D. Evans
As the traditional security perimeter dissolves in a virtualized environment, organizations need a new cybersecurity framework and architecture.
Idea management can help your organization stay competitive. Here are 10 best practices for getting the most from it.
Though product cycle times are accelerating, the underlying technologies unfold over many years.
How to maximize the return on your investments in disruptive trends like big data, Cloud computing and mobility.
A focus on integration and the user experience will be key to success.
The consumerization of IT is leading organizations to mobile-enable both their internal and customer-facing applications. While you're at it, you shouldn't miss the opportunity to completely rethink and redesign your business processes from the ground up, and even to invent entirely new business models.
There is a paradox in the technology that IT employs and deploys. As it becomes easier to use and simpler to manage, it is actually increasing in complexity. And there is a paradox within this paradox concerning how IT relates to the business. More on that in a bit.
In recent years, managing innovation has increased in importance for CEOs. Lately, it has consistently been among their top five priorities (see for example, The Conference Board's CEO Challenge Survey). It has also become more important in the public sector, at both the federal and state levels. Pennsylvania, for example, just last month formed the Governor's Innovation Office to improve efficiency and generate savings for taxpayers.
One reason for this is the sheer volume of data being maintained by large enterprises. Last year, McKinsey & Co. concluded that it was not unusual for large U.S. corporations to have more data stored than the U.S. Library of Congress. How much data is that? Well, according to the library, its collection fills more than 800 miles of bookshelves.
- SAP BPC Specialist Consultant Other
- Project Manager - IDAM VIC
- Senior Business Analyst - Business Case - Risk & Compliance - Contract NSW
- Senior RF Engineer - Optimisation VIC
- Cyber Security Analyst - Telco VIC
- Portfolio / Relationship Manager NSW
- Senior Project Manager x 2 (Infrastructure) NSW
- Project Scheduler ACT
- Systems Engineer WA
- Change Manager ACT
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.