Victorian-based Validate Technologies has become the exclusive distributor for a new suite of products designed to secure the application layer of databases, groupware and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
Stories by Richard Noone
Sun Microsystems veteran and notable industry figure Russell Bate has joined the board of emerging home-grown telecommunications software developer CR-X. His appointment comes as the Melbourne-based company prepares to springboard its black-box software into the telco and utilities sectors.
ASX-listed SecureNet and software developer Synop have partnered to provide managed security services to the Australian Competitor and Consumer Commission in a six-month deal worth more than $850,000.
DoubleClick will be using resellers for the first time in Australia after unveiling a new strategy which involves employing partners to push its online advertising software.
Spike Australia, one of the last bastions of the dot-com era, placed itself in voluntary administration this week after a bid to secure $5.8 million in funding failed to eventuate.
It was one of the first integrators in Australia to become an IP telephony specialist partner with Cisco Systems in 1997. Five years on and the company is taking that experience a step further with an ambitious plan to offer enterprises a managed IP telephony service for a flat monthly fee.
Volante Solutions will protect the accounts and transactions of the Queensland Police Credit Union's 36,000 members when it implements a new intrusion-detection system (IDS) from Cisco Systems.
Western Australian-based services company ASG (Amcon Solutions Group) has won a lucrative contract with the state's TAB (Totalisator Agency Board) to migrate the betting agency's Oracle systems from a mainframe environment to a mid-range platform.
When he left Computer Associates after a record quarter at the end of last year, his peers were left wondering. Now Lawrence Hedges has kick-started his own storage consultancy business and has come out swinging at what he sees is a lack of storage skills in the channel.
There were 9000 fewer Xboxs on retailer's shelves after the first four days of Microsoft's gaming console going on sale.
According to the latest survey of 500 of Australia's largest corporations, price is declining in importance compared to the value add delivered by suppliers. This stands in stark contrast to an equivalent survey of government agencies, which persist with "outdated" procurement policies.
When is a disk drive not a disk drive? Well, according to Quantum, when it's a tape library. The storage vendor is preparing to release a 3-terabyte disk-based device that emulates a tape library.
Acer Computer Australia has secured a direct deal to supply 21,000 Veriton PCs to the Department of Education, Employment and Training (DEET) in Victoria. According to one Acer official, five resellers stand to receive thousands of "flow-on" orders as Victorian schools look to standardise on the Acer brand.
Hitachi Data Systems last year invested just under $1 million in niche company Spool Limited, which hoped to break into the rich media management market. Today, that investment hangs in the balance, with Spool going into voluntary administration.
HSBC is chasing cost and network management efficiencies in standardising its network infrastructure across a common Cisco platform.
- Permanent Project Scheduler ACT
- Systems Engineers / Infrastructure Engineers NSW
- Middleware System Administrator ACT
- SAP Finance Analyst NSW
- Cognos/Datastage Developer QLD
- SAP HR / Payroll Analyst VIC
- Project Manager - Applications ACT
- Senior Service Delivery Manager VIC
- Digital Project Manager VIC
- The job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now Expired QLD
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.