While Facebook made its fortune on people -- about 800 million users worldwide today -- posting funny pictures of their cats and kids, the social network is also taking advantage of its ability to be helpful to those in need.
Stories by Sharon Gaudin
Facebook launched a new tool today that co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg hopes will help connect patients with needed organ donors.
Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is taking to the network news Tuesday to announce a new tool that is supposed to have the power to save lives.
Read more about drm and legal issues in Computerworld's DRM and Legal Issues Topic Center.
Google plans to move ahead with its self-driving car technology and hopes to get a hand from the folks in Detroit.
Twitter released updated iPhone and Android apps that make it easier for users to search and find new information.
When Apple CEO Tim Cook dissed the whole idea of hybrid mobile computers, he may have been showing his hand.
Less than a week ago, the Internet was abuzz with reports that Facebook's IPO would come in mid-May. Today, news reports are adding several more weeks to that timeline.
With the launch of Google Drive this week, IT managers can look forward to a potential new productivity tool -- and some significant headaches, analysts say.
With the arrival of Intel's Ivy Bridge processors, the chip maker has just given its competition a new bar to shoot for.
Craigslist hasn't changed its look much over the past several years.
Facebook on Monday continued its latest spending spree by agreeing to pay Microsoft about $550 million for some 650 former AOL patents and patent applications.
Researchers at Northwestern University have developed a device they say can deliver messages from the brain directly to muscles -- skipping over the spinal cord -- and enable a paralyzed hand to move.
Google might want to use its new smart glasses prototype to look over its shoulder.
Reports circulated Thursday that Facebook's initial public offering could arrive on May 17.
- Technical Services Administrator VIC
- Senior Business Analyst QLD
- IT Security Support Officers Other
- MICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM CONSULTANT ? NV1 CLEARANCE REQUIRED ACT
- Healthcare Pre-Sales Consultant - Permanent - North Ryde area NSW
- Payments Business Analyst VIC
- Records Analyst NSW
- Business Process Analyst (Green Belt) NSW
- Project Manager - Infrastructure WA
- Junior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? Agile VIC
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.