New research finds that a quarter of all physical servers -- and 30% of all virtual servers -- are comatose. They aren't be used, but they still cost money.
Stories by Patrick Thibodeau
Craig Diangelo, a one-time IT worker at Northeast Utilities in Connecticut who had to train his H-1B-visa-holding replacement, is running for Congress.
In October 1968, tire maker Bridgestone ran a data center with racks and racks of tapes and a water-cooled mainframe. Today, that newly renovated data center is the home for systems supporting an almost completely virtualized environment.
IT offshore outsourcing giant Infosys plans to hire 10,000 "American workers" over the next two years.
Only a few civil cases have alleged national origin discrimination in offshore outsourcing, but interest in raising this issue appears to be gaining ground.
A product called Chirp helps riders board buses more quickly than before; it's aimed at the business-to-business market.
Its centerpiece is the replacement of the H-1B lottery with a system that distributes visas on the basis of wages, skills and education.
Cloud-based HR systems can bring more analytics, databases and tools to users for improving hiring processes and retaining employees.
The shift to cloud-based software isn’t simple. Some customers have had to hire integrators to make the move, and cite ROI of three or four years.
Data centers are declining worldwide both in numbers and square footage, a surprising change given the recent boom.
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service said Friday that the H-1B cap for FY 2018 has already been reached. Visa applications became available only on Monday.
The U.S. government is taking action that will likely increase the visa denial rates of H-1B programmers hired for entry-level jobs.
CIOs in the U.S. and Europe are increasing IT budgets thanks to an uptick in optimism, said Morgan Stanley, which surveyed 100 CIOs in the U.S. and Europe.
This week the U.S. Department of Justice and Department of Labor each posted information about how to file a complaint against suspected H-1B abuse.
U.S. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and U.S. Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) plan to re-introduce new versions of old bills that raise the visa cap.
- Technical Writer - Cloud Hosting VIC
- SOC Analyst VIC
- IT Security Analyst Other
- Team Assistant/Executive Assistant - Telco VIC
- Change Manager NSW
- Microsoft Systems Engineer VIC
- Test Specialist - eCommerce VIC
- Business analyst - Insurance Background QLD
- Security Consultant - Security SDM NSW
- Cerner Senior Applications Specialist - Brisbane based SA
- Business transforms when it comes together | Unite your IT , Ops, and Applications teams with shared solutions. Get Ready - Red Hat Cloud
- Upskill your Team. Transition your Career. Cyber Security Foundation & Practitioner™ instructor-led course, for anyone needing a solid understanding of Cyber Security.