Microsoft stopped support for Windows XP on April 8: Meaning, no more software or security updates for the nearly 13-year-old OS, despite it still holding onto just under 30% of the desktop OS market (according to NetMarketShare). Microsoft wants XP users to upgrade to a newer Windows OS, preferably Windows 8.1. Yet many people are determined to hold on - you’ll have to pry Windows XP from their PC’s cold, dead hard drive. Here are nine reasons why.
Stories by Howard Wen
Which tool works best to re-size Windows applications that run full-screen?
The following extensions for Chrome provide certain, idiosyncratic functions you may find helpful when dealing with tabs.
Microsoft is expected to release Windows 8.1 Update 1 for free, either next month or early April.
Windows 8.1 and Office Home on an 8-inch touchscreen tablet for under $300
With the latest release of Chrome for Windows (and Chrome OS on Chromebooks), you can install apps that will work even if your computer is not online.
There may be some mind-blowing new gadgets that come out in time for the holiday gift buying season, but here’s a list of the eight most significant tech gadgets released to date.
There are several browsers for Android that use the Webkit layout engine. This slideshow presents a quick primer on five of the most popular, highlighting their most prominent features.
Which apps works better on Windows 8 touchscreens?
Here’s what’s noteworthy in the upcoming version of Microsoft’s browser.
t’s been more than two years since the first Chromebooks went on sale. They certainly haven’t taken the world by storm and there have been varying opinions and doubts about the viability of this notebook platform that runs Chrome OS. But Chromebooks are still alive and may be sticking around for a while. Here are 8 reasons why:
In its Version 15 release, several new features have been added to Opera for computer operating systems.
While we likely won’t see Android 5.0 (Key Lime Pie) for some time, new apps suggest that the future look and feel of Google’s mobile OS could be built upon "cards".
Here are several significant features that have been added recently to the various versions of Chrome
An update to Windows 8 is in the works, codenamed Windows Blue.
- Healthcare Pre-Sales Consultant - Permanent - North Ryde area NSW
- Junior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? Agile QLD
- Scrum Master NSW
- Office Manager | Start-up | Global Cloud Provider VIC
- Senior Project Manager x 2 (Infrastructure) NSW
- Network Engineer NSW
- Supply Master Data Analyst - Procurement & Supply Chain - Telco VIC
- Senior Test Data Management Consultant VIC
- Wintel Messaging Engineer l Office 365 / Exchange / Skype for Business / Azure NSW
- Security/ Penetration Test Analyst QLD
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.