WASHINGTON (04/14/2000) - NASA has a brand-new entry in cyberspace: a portal for all technology news and information at the agency.
The NASA Technology Portal is a central point of access for government and public users to find out about NASA's technology developments, including the space agency's work in information technology. The site includes links to:
* NASA Television over the Internet.
* NASA's Technology Inventory searchable database and technology business opportunities.
* NASA's Institute for Advanced Concepts.
* The NASA Technology Plan.
* The latest technology news from the space agency.
* A technology events calendar.
The NASA Technology Inventory, a database of NASA's current investments in technology development, is currently only available to government users, but it will be open to the public in the future. The inventory includes descriptions of technology tasks and the link between the tasks and NASA Enterprise strategic goals. The inventory is Internet-based and will support keyword searches.