FRAMINGHAM (01/28/2000) - "Know your priorities up front, because in today's telecom job market, as soon as you make yourself available for consideration, you may have to evaluate very different offers in terms of opportunities, compensation, work environment, responsibilities and location."
- Philip Arnold, director, software development and applications in IT, TeleCorp PCS Inc.
"Don't be afraid to leverage your skills. Be flexible and willing to do a variety of things. Use your existing IT knowledge to help you learn more about telecom."
- Rita Cook, president, Professional Recruiters Inc.
"We never stop recruiting; we are always looking for the next great candidate.
Send your résumé, call and keep calling. Don't lose patience."
- John Yuzdepski, vice president of product management and development, Sprint PCS Group"The telecom industry is an area of great exploration. Constant change makes the industry fun. It will satisfy anyone who wants to learn."
- Linda Church, telecom industry staffing expert"Telecom is not for the faint of heart. If you want 25 years and a gold watch, don't come to work here. We're on the cutting edge of everything that's happening in the world. The industry is dynamic, interesting, extremely volatile and fun."
- Sherry Browne, CIO, Sprint PCS Group