Telstra has promoted three managing directors
to group executive roles.
Former group managing director of consumer Karsten Wildberger is now head of group executive retail.
Meanwhile, group managing director of strategic
finance Cynthia Whelan is now group executive of international and new business, and former group managing director of media and marketing, Joe Pollard is now
CMO and head of group executive media.
Telstra CEO Andrew Penn said the promotions will help continue the company's strategic growth agenda.
"Karsten, Cynthia and Joe are outstanding executives who have already made significant contributions to our growth ambitions and will take even larger roles in this new structure. They bring significant international experience prior to joining Telstra," he said.
The new appointments are effectively immediately.
In related news, Telstra retail group executive Gordon Ballantyne is leaving the telco in December after five years. Joining as consumer group managing director in June 2010, he took on the role of chief customer office in July 2012.
Ballantyne had been retail group executive since October 2013 and was in charge of an $18 billion portfolio including consumer, business, media, marketing and health.
A Telstra spokesperson said that a replacement would be announced in due course.
- Telstra copper network access prices to fall
- Gordon Ballantyne to leave Telstra
- Telstra scores three-year Medibank contract
- Telstra to appeal ACCC fixed line decision
- Australian mobile networks improve results in benchmarking report
- ISGM re-signs maintenance agreement with Telstra
- Anthony Wong elected ACS president
- EMC MD Alister Dias shifts to VMware