Dell Brings Hyper-Threading Technology to Notebook Computers
- 22 October, 2003 13:09
<p>New Mobile Processor Speeds Multi-Tasking Applications</p>
<p>Sydney, October 22, 2003 - Dell today added more desktop functionality to its Inspiron notebook line with the introduction of Hyper-Threading Technology (HT) to the Inspiron 5150.</p>
<p>Available with the Inspiron 5150, the new Mobile Intel[r] Pentium[r] 4 processor at 3.20GHz with HT can enable customers to do more tasks in less time. The technology makes efficient use of processing power by utilising moments of idle cycles that allow for the processor to work on more than one processor request simultaneously.</p>
<p>“The addition of Hyper-Threading Technology to the Inspiron 5150 is another example of the closing performance and functionality gap between notebook and desktop computers,” said Robert Vinokurov, Inspiron senior product marketing manager for Dell Asia Pacific. “It provides the capability for an additional level of productivity while maintaining portability.”</p>
<p>Consumers can expect better overall performance while running multiple computing tasks when using the HT-enabled Inspiron notebook. For example, a customer can now convert a video clip from one format to another while watching a DVD without interruption. Or, users can convert their CD collection to a digital format while enjoying a CPU-intensive game without sacrificing frame rate.</p>
<p>Starting at AUD$3399, an HT-enabled Inspiron 5150 includes Mobile Intel Pentium 4 at 3.20GHz with Hyper-Threading Technology, 512MB of RAM, 40GB hard drive and DVD/CDRW combination optical drives.</p>
<p>Additional technical information
* Mobile Intel[r] Pentium[r] 4 processor at 3.20GHz with Hyper-Threading Technology with 533 MHz front side bus
* Up to 2GB DDR SDRAM 333MHz
* Displays of 15-inch SXGA+ (1400 x 1050) or 15-inch Dell UltraSharp[TM] UXGA Display (1600 x 1200)
* NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200, 32MB or 64MB
* Integrated 56K capable v. 92 modem, 10/100 Ethernet, optional integrated Wi-Fi[r] capability
* Fixed-Optical Drives: 24X CD-RW / DVD combination drives, or DVD+RW/+R
* Hard Drives of 30GB, 40GB or 60GB
* Ports include two USB 2.0, one S-Video Out, one IEEE 1394
* One PC Card slot
* 12-cell 96Watt Hour Lithium Ion battery
* Microsoft[r] Windows XP Home or Windows XP Professional
* WordPerfect[r] Productivity Pack, Microsoft Works Suite 2003, Microsoft Office 2003 Basic, Microsoft Office 2003 Small Business or Microsoft Office 2003 Professional
* Optional External USB Floppy Drive</p>
Dell Inc. (Nasdaq: DELL) is a premier provider of products and services required for customers worldwide to build their information-technology and Internet infrastructures. Company revenue for the past four quarters totalled US$38.2 billion. Dell, through its direct business model, designs, manufactures and customizes products and services to customer requirements, and offers an extensive selection of software and peripherals. Information on Dell and its products can be obtained on the World Wide Web at www.dell.com.au or on 1800 335 502.</p>
<p>Dell is a trademark of Dell Computer Corporation.
Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
Intel and Pentium are either registered trademarks or trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.</p>
<p>1Power management features limit processor speed to maintain system cooling or power requirements.
2 All prices stated include GST based on list price but exclude delivery. Pricing, specifications and availability subject to change without notice.
3Download speeds are limited to 53Kbps. Upload speeds are less (about 30Kbps). Speeds can vary by line condition and modem manufacturer. Analog phone line and service required.
4Discs burned with this drive may not be compatible with some existing drives and players; using DVD+R media provides maximum compatibility.</p>
<p>Dell Computer Pty Ltd</p>
<p>For further information, please contact:
Tel: (02) 8972 5548 / 0416 071 900
<p>For further information contact:
Tel: (02) 9954 3299
- Hong Kong TV company seeks to block illicit set-top box streaming in Australia
- ASX confirms blockchain-inspired distributed ledger to replace CHESS
- Prospect of IP-based blocking to fight piracy raised in court
- 8700 Optus customers to be compensated over NBN speeds
- DevOps and cloud set up Amaysim for growth