Sydney Criminal Lawyers has developed a free iOS app that is designed to give people information about New South Wales criminal and traffic laws.
The NSW Pocket Lawyer contains more than 500 blog posts on the following subjects:
- Individual's rights when approached by NSW Police
- What to do if you get arrested and charged
- How to get out of custody on bail
- How to prepare a self-defence for court
- How to get cases dropped without having to hire a lawyer
- The laws, procedures and penalties for criminal and traffic offences.
“For many people facing criminal charges, such as drink driving, it can be hard to navigate through [NSW] law. It may even be difficult to get answers to simple legal questions without having to see a lawyer and they are not known for helping people free of charge,” Sydney Criminal Lawyers principal lawyer Ugur Nedim said in a statement.
He said that the app content has been prepared by the firm’s team of lawyers, ensuring the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Sydney Criminal Lawyers are working on an Android version of the app and expect it to be released by the end of 2014.