The long-awaited release of the server at the heart of Lotus Development Corp.'s knowledge management platform will be delayed another month, company officials said last week. Lotus Discovery Server was expected to ship by the end of last month, but problems with the sophisticated algorithms used for profiling users and organizing data continue to delay the release. This is the second delay of Discovery Server, which was originally slated to ship in the middle of last year. Discovery Server features powerful search algorithms developed in the labs of Lotus parent IBM Corp. that can analyze and catalog large amounts of data and locate information "experts."
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.