Comments by an iPlanet E-Commerce Solutions official last week in an article on www.infoworld.com led to a sell-off of stock in rival software provider BEA Systems Inc. The comments were later denied by another iPlanet official. Patrick Dorsey, group marketing manager at iPlanet, had said the company was expecting to embed some of its Web and application server technologies into parent company Sun Microsystems Inc.'s Solaris OS and possibly in other OSes as well. But on Friday, iPlanet's Wes Wasson, vice president of product marketing, said the company had no plans to embed its technologies into operating systems or to give away any products. "It's certainly not something we're doing," Wasson said. The majority of iPlanet sales are on the Sun platform, however, according to Wasson. Officials at Sun could not be reached for comment at press time
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.