Caldera Systems Inc. and Santa Cruz Operation (SCO) have announced a Unix-based operating system that will support Linux applications. The release, titled Open Unix 8, will maintain compatibility and continuity with the UnixWare 7 OS so that most Open Unix 8, UnixWare 7, and Linux operations can run without modification or recompilation, the companies said in a statement. It will be available to current UnixWare 7 customers as a system upgrade.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Simple plans, tailored to your users and you could save up to 25%*. Join the network for game changers.
- Tackle complex IT challenges and solve real business problems | Crush complexity and manage your systems and apps. Get Ready - Red Hat Ansible